starting strength gym

Thread: How to Use Starting Strength Principles for Fatloss?

Default How to Use Starting Strength Principles for Fatloss?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Everyone,

I am convinced that Starting Strength is the best way to gain muscle; and that eventually can be a way to fat loss.

But, I want to trim down to about 10% bodyfat before I bulk up.

What training, cardio, and nutrition plan would you recommend then?

I'm guessing 3 *5 + cardio + moderated calorie diet would be best.

Your thoughts?

Read this.

I did my Linear progression going from a massively obese 350 pound slob to a very fit 215-225 pound guy. I looked great, even though my bodyfat was still about 25% because SS is a great program and I ate a lot of meat/protein during my weightloss. I did not get very, very strong, however, because 1) I am old (42 at the time) and 2) I was frequently in a caloric deficit. But I always gained strength while I lost fat. Until I didn't, then I started TM.

Starting Strength is excellent exercise, even though it is also a training program. My advice to a noob looking to lean out is to do SS as written while maintaining a reasonable diet. You DO NOT NEED additional cardio to lose a lot of weight. All the warmups, sets, reps and recvoery burn up a lot of calories. No additional cardio is needed. Unless you are already sub 15% bf, achieving 10% bodyfat is a ludicrous goal. Be satisfied with 15% or so and get strong. Lifting weights is exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by jklunder View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am convinced that Starting Strength is the best way to gain muscle; and that eventually can be a way to fat loss.

What training, cardio, and nutrition plan would you recommend then?

I'm guessing 3 *5 + cardio + moderated calorie diet would be best.

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are your post history tells the story. 6 years later and still have the same dumbass questions. 5' 8" 180lbs wanting to cut to 10%. My suggestion is contract HIV or stop eating so much which ever is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jklunder View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    10% is for hosers. All the cool kids get to 1% before bulking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clintcase View Post
    My thoughts are your post history tells the story. 6 years later and still have the same dumbass questions. 5' 8" 180lbs wanting to cut to 10%. My suggestion is contract HIV or stop eating so much which ever is easier.
    This.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintcase View Post
    Oh my. Ain't that a mess, Big Jim?!!!? He should hang out with that one kid that that can't get started squatting because he's convinced he might be looking 6" too far or too close.