starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McDoubles - Macros - Longevity

Default McDoubles - Macros - Longevity

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    From a macros standpoint I have no problem with McDoubles. From the perspective of personal longevity however, should I be concerned? Some days, to get a quick ~100 grams of protein, i'll eat 4 mcdoubles at my desk at work. I know the layman's opinion is "you'll die of a heart attack" "your arteries are going to be clogged" etc... The thing is, they might be right I just don't have much knowledge on nutrition outside of knowing how to hit macros and why protein is important. Anyone have any input? Should I worry? Outside of this I am an "intermediate" strength trainee who does some incline treadmill walks a couple times a week.

Enjoy those McDoubles, getting older sucks.

I mean to me that's a great question to ask Jordan. You may be getting that 100g of protein, but what are you getting wit the fat and carbs with those burgers? I'm sure its a tradeoff.

I guess it depends how often "some days" is. Once a week? Once a month?

They don't seem great from a macro perspective either at 18g of fat each (including 1g trans fat, supposedly the worst kind), assuming your macros are biased towards higher carb and lower fat.

It's suboptimal from an MPS standpoint to be ingesting 100g of protein in one sitting. Splitting the 4 mcdoubles into 2 sittings 3-5 hours apart would be a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Enjoy those McDoubles, getting older sucks.
    I definitely enjoy the taste my man. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    I mean to me that's a great question to ask Jordan. You may be getting that 100g of protein, but what are you getting wit the fat and carbs with those burgers? I'm sure its a tradeoff.
    I'm considering it. I just recently asked him a question regarding fiber intake so I want to wait a bit to re-charge my free advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I guess it depends how often "some days" is. Once a week? Once a month?

They don't seem great from a macro perspective either at 18g of fat each (including 1g trans fat, supposedly the worst kind), assuming your macros are biased towards higher carb and lower fat.
    but I LOVE fat. I have 4 mcdoubles for lunch a few times a week (lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiet View Post
    It's suboptimal from an MPS standpoint to be ingesting 100g of protein in one sitting. Splitting the 4 mcdoubles into 2 sittings 3-5 hours apart would be a better idea.
    Ok, duly noted, thank you.

- SO long story short, my question phrased better is - Is fast food ACTUALLY bad for you or is simply eating too many calories to the point of being fat the culprit? Hitting on Manveer's point for example, trans fat. I have heard a great bit of negativity about transfats. I take it from Manveer's comments that transfats are actually bad for your health. Anything else?
    Last edited by silachoo; 01-17-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silachoo View Post
    - SO long story short, my question phrased better is - Is fast food ACTUALLY bad for you or is simply eating too many calories to the point of being fat the culprit? Hitting on Manveer's point for example, trans fat. I have heard a great bit of negativity about transfats. I take it from Manveer's comments that transfats are actually bad for your health. Anything else?
    Probably a question for Jordan, but even with all the necessary context (family history, activity level, lipid panel, etc) I'd imagine he'd have a hard time telling you whether or not this would have a material impact on your health long-term.

Trans fats being bad is one of the more consistent pieces of nutrition advice I've seen repeated. Examine.com seems like a reputable site and ran this article recently: The top 17 nutrition myths of 2017 | Examine.com

Quote Originally Posted by jamiet View Post
    You think you need 3-5 hours to digest 2 servings of 50grams of protein for MPS? The Broscience is STRONK!

OP, no one has a damn clue with food sourcing really, the confounding multi-factor nature of population groups makes it damn hard to study.

Is Pop A fat because they eat food A or because they eat food A and are sedentary like sponges?

Is Pop B long-lived because they eat food b or because they are physically active and are missing genetic markers for some prime early death causes?

It is bloody difficult to track a group for food and lifestyle for very long and relying on self reporting is pretty much a mega fail. People forget, people lie, people could give a shit.

I wonder about it too. I don't know.

But, if your like me and just want absolution for your choices then you might enjoy watching the documentary "Fathead" a cinematic response to "Super Size Me." He improves his blood work and loses some weight while exclusively eating fast food for a month.

Fat Head - Top Documentary Films

starting strength coach development program
    What I do is take two mcdoubles, throw away one set of buns, and make one mcquad. If you eat four, you could have two mcquads. If I did that my stomach would hate me but that's because I'm old. Enjoy it while you can!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast