starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a cool goal to set yourself (cardio/con)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post
    Burpees seem like the exercise with the most inconsistent technique out there. The difference between standing up with a slight skip and jumping explosively high up makes a huge difference for how many you can do.
    Yea, that's true, but so what. If you just want to get in shape and you do 100 burpees a day, and increase reps per set or decrease rest time between sets until you can do 100, you have an efficient, simple, cheap, short workout.
    Of course you can set your own burpee standard depending on your level of conditioning, and advance from there. For some, just standing up and getting down a 100 times is workout enough. After a while, you can make it more difficult in a thousand different ways, like jumping harder, pushups, etc.

A 40 yard Farmers Walk with double body weight. (your bodyweight in each hand)

Prowler challenge sounds like a lot of fun to try, as well as the farmers walk. I'll sit in my lawn chair and watch these events occur.

I don't have access to a prowler unfortunately. However,

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    Tried deadmill walks with 2x20kg chains around the neck, 30s on 60s off x6 or 7. The only way I can describe those is "punishment".

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I really need to make myself some farmer walk handles and start doing these when the snow clears.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Isn't the "Prowler Challenge" 10 rounds of 40 yard 140lbs? At least I thought that was Wendler's version. It's a good goal though. I vote that one.
    Probably, but my driveway isn't forty yards long and my experience with a prowler on wet ground is the feet just dig into the turf.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Is it 20 yards? Do you live on a paved street with a 25mph speed limit?
    Yea, I should have been clearer - it's 20 yards long, so I push the low bar, go around and push the high posts (albeit still down low) THEN rest a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    I really need to make myself some farmer walk handles and start doing these when the snow clears.
    Check out Sandbags too, I have a large one the I got from Ironmind that holds 300 pounds. Heavy bearhug carries are brutal, 150 pounds kicks my ass.

My gym barely has any of this stuff, eg farmers walks, prowler etc

Do you guys do these at home or what?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatfanatic View Post
    A full Marathon is a great goal for any well rounded athlete to have and this goal can be achieved in less than a couple years of training.I ran my first full Marathon in 2010 and squatted 500 pounds 100% RAW the same week,so it's definetly possible to maintain a decent level of strength as a Marathon runner.
    Also curious what weight you were then?

Sounds impressive

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast