starting strength gym
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Wendler Book

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Plates in. Laces out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Jim is just smart. He knows he has legions of nutswinging groupies that hang on his every word. What's amusing is that his groupies think he gives a shit. And he does, he gives a shit about them giving him their money.
    I'm starting to feel the same way. I found some errors in Jims percentages in 5/3/1 2nd edition. Pages 26 & 28 he gives examples of what the numbers should look like through 2 cycles. But if you look at the deload week 4 of both tables, he uses 50,60,70 instead of the 40,50,60 percents he describes on page 23 for the program.

So I tried to join his forum so I could point this out and try and get clarification of which set of percentages are correct. I found out the forum is closed. I then tried to reach him on Facebook, and discovered his account wasn't accepting new friends, so no way to message him. Then finally I went to his website and sent an email to the email listed there and got the following reply:

"The best place to ask a question like that would be the forum. Right now we are not accepting new members in the forum to preserve the integrity and to make sure that everyone gets their questions answered thoroughly."

So yeah, I'm feeling like he may not care. I would think he would want to know about errors and descripencies in case he is planning on a 3rd edition in the future or if he were to use the same tables in the new book. I also found other errors such as some page numbers in table of contents are not correct. Just figured that someone that cares about his product would appreciate such feedback.

I was thinking about buying the new book, but now I'm not so sure I want to support something in which customers are treated like this.

Jim is one of several lifters that made their name training under Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell.
    In my opinion, the best program from any of these guys is The Cube Method by Brandon Lilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Jim is one of several lifters that made their name training under Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell.
    In my opinion, the best program from any of these guys is The Cube Method by Brandon Lilly.
    As stolen from Brian Carroll. But that's merely the word on the street, I don't know it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    As stolen from Brian Carroll. But that's merely the word on the street, I don't know it to be true.
    You are wrong. Something New? Brian Carroll's 10/20/Life Review | PowerliftingToWin

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I'm not wrong. All the people who say that are wrong, if they're wrong. Wasn't there a lawsuit or some such over it, even?

Just noticed that Jims closed forum is $4.99 charge per month. Yowsha. $60 a year. This guy is all about the $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Just noticed that Jims closed forum is $4.99 charge per month. Yowsha. $60 a year. This guy is all about the $$$.
    Used to be $20/month. Guess membership numbers weren't what he was hoping for.
    Last edited by Mark Steele; 03-22-2017 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Yes, that is shocking. How could anyone want to get paid for their time, effort and expertise? I thought everyone just did that stuff for free.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ad3000 View Post
    Yes, that is shocking. How could anyone want to get paid for their time, effort and expertise? I thought everyone just did that stuff for free.
    Agreed, and it's not as though Rip has never discussed making this a pay site. I will never understand people who get their undies in a bunch about stuff like this. No one is making you buy what is being sold.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast