starting strength gym
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Wendler Book

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Just noticed that Jims closed forum is $4.99 charge per month. Yowsha. $60 a year. This guy is all about the $$$.
    I send an email to point out what looks like a significant error in his book and I'm told that the only place I can get that message accross to him is by joining a forum that puts money into his pocket. Yeah ok.
    Last edited by JLB105; 03-22-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    I do. First plate facing in, all others facing out. This is the One True Way to load plates. It is known.

Seriously though, this comes from the IPF rule book.
    "Because IPF Rule Book" is never a sound reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hannon View Post
    "Because IPF Rule Book" is never a sound reason.
    I was joking about it being the One True Way, but it is the way I do it. I guess you can see the numbers on more plates that way, but really, I don't care how people load their own plates.

Aside from the rules about equipment having to be on the approved supplier list, the IPF rule book seems pretty decent (as written, not getting into "convincingly deep" squats). The SS meet rules are similar to IPF rules.

Edit: BTW, your recent article on thoracic rounding was helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by manveer; 03-22-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Let the guy profit.

I was joking about it being the One True Way, but it is the way I do it. I guess you can see the numbers on more plates that way, but really, I don't care how people load their own plates.

Aside from the rules about equipment having to be on the approved supplier list, the IPF rule book seems pretty decent (as written, not getting into "convincingly deep" squats). The SS meet rules are similar to IPF rules.

Edit: BTW, your recent article on thoracic rounding was helpful. Thanks.
    The IPF/USAPL rulebooks have certainly gotten better. Some of the older versions that I've seen left way too much up to the interpretation of the judges and referees.
    I assume they specify the plate loading as they do for marketing/sponsorship purposes - and it definitely is more visually appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Agreed, and it's not as though Rip has never discussed making this a pay site.
    While true, when it comes up it's usually about keeping out the ash and trash in the Q&A rather than about more money.

Jordan's article released today poops all over 5/3/1. Just 2 days before Wendlers 5/3/1 Forever preorder go live date. Hmm

I don't care how people load their own plates.
    I'm going to start alternating them in and out for each plate on each side and send you pics every time.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    I'm going to start alternating them in and out for each plate on each side and send you pics every time.
    Go for it. As long as you're adding more plates over time.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Worse, I'll load all the plates on one side facing out, and all the plates on the other side facing in.
    You are the worst, Arlen.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    While true, when it comes up it's usually about keeping out the ash and trash in the Q&A rather than about more money.

No argument here.

Either way, I don't fault a guy for trying to make a buck. I do wonder what the real reason was for going to a closed forum, though. Maybe even a paywall wasn't keeping the riffraff at bay?

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast