starting strength gym

Thread: Size of washer for fractional weights

Default Size of washer for fractional weights

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, thinking of buying some large washers, but no physical stores near me carry them so I'll have to order them. Just wondering, is M48 large enough or should i go for the next size up, probably m52?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by convergentsum View Post
    Hi, thinking of buying some large washers, but no physical stores near me carry them so I'll have to order them. Just wondering, is M48 large enough or should i go for the next size up, probably m52?

Cheers!
    I have a set that Manveer linked below. Each washer is roughly 0.6-.0.7lbs, so 4 of them will allow you to increment in roughly 2.5lb jumps. 6 of them will give you 1.25lb jumps.

Just buy them from Dan Miller.

Cheers!
    You are posting part numbers for washers without reference to a company. Make sure the inner diameter is large enough to fit in your bar, and go from there.

I live in England, so looking for local suppliers. The washers at manveer's link have internal diameter 2.125", reckon that's a good few mm wider than m48 so I'll go a size up. Thanks!

Sorry Chebase88, the M number is how you say the size of a bolt in the metric system!

Sorry Chebase88, the M number is how you say the size of a bolt in the metric system!
    Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I would recommend the English equivalent of McMaster Carr or any industrial supply shop such as Fastenal would be good.

Couldn't find a source of m52 washers that cost less than a pair of .5kg plates listed on eBay, so i went for the latter.
    Thanks for the advice!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Just buy them from Dan Miller.
    Thanks, this explains the sudden influx of orders the past few days. Unfortunately I can't economically be of assistance to OP due to the cost of international shipping. For those in the US, details can be found here:

Microplates for Sale