starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the recommendation on dip belts these days

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Lolol

Also I found out you can just make a dip belt out of chain and a pool noodle. Now I can't decide between leather, cloth, chain, or bright yellow pool noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    Lolol

Also I found out you can just make a dip belt out of chain and a pool noodle. Now I can't decide between leather, cloth, chain, or bright yellow pool noodle.
    I don't regularly (or ever) chin (since lat pulldowns >>> chins), but when I wanted to mess around and see what sort of weighted chin I could do without ever training the movement, I just used a short ratchet strap. For real.

Instagram

I second the chain with carabiner recommendation. Super cheap and easy. The trick to making it not hurt is to find the perfect amount of slack around your hips.

I've done chins in a globo-gym holding a dumbbell in my feet. Kind of a fun trick, but surely wouldn't scale to heavy weights.

A dip belt is pretty cheap though.

With the chain, are you clipping it once around your waist and then once around the weights? (Gosh, weights was hard to spell after waist)

Or just open around the waist with the only connection being through the plates?

Redneck tiedown straps. I like it Cody.

With the chain, are you clipping it once around your waist and then once around the weights? (Gosh, weights was hard to spell after waist)

Or just open around the waist with the only connection being through the plates?

Redneck tiedown straps. I like it Cody.
    Sit down, chain around your waist. Put the plates on your legs, then run the end of the chain through the holes of the plates. On the other side of the plate connect the carabiner to the chain. Can be too tight or too loose, you'll have to find the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeKa View Post
    Sit down, chain around your waist. Put the plates on your legs, then run the end of the chain through the holes of the plates. On the other side of the plate connect the carabiner to the chain. Can be too tight or too loose, you'll have to find the sweet spot.
    Different technique here: Carabiner on each end of the chain. Clip it around the waist while standing. Tilt the weight plates against the rack. Kneel before your iron gods, loop the chain through the plates, clip to the biner around your waist.

/excruciating menutiae

no this is great guys, I'm the type that needs explicit instructions like this on everything

now I'm wondering how much weight the assisted dip machine (with the assist kneeling pad thing weighed down to the floor of course) can support before it flips backwards killing me and whoever's at the drinking fountain behind me

no this is great guys, I'm the type that needs explicit instructions like this on everything

now I'm wondering how much weight the assisted dip machine (with the assist kneeling pad thing weighed down to the floor of course) can support before it flips backwards killing me and whoever's at the drinking fountain behind me
    If you are weighting the assisted dip machine, you're doing it all wrong.

starting strength coach development program
    Your gym has a fancy assisted dip machine, but not a simple set of dip bars?

This is what's wrong with kids these days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast