starting strength gym

Thread: metatarsal strap repair

Default metatarsal strap repair

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I received my sabo deadlift shoes today and the hook ripped out of the strap literally the FIRST time I pulled it tight. I gave it a good tug but certainly nothing you'd expect to rip it out. I fully expect Maxbarbell to replace them, but for future reference, does anyone have experience getting a metatarsal strap repaired by a cobbler? Is the quality good? How is the price?

Quote Originally Posted by synnfusion View Post
    I received my sabo deadlift shoes today and the hook ripped out of the strap literally the FIRST time I pulled it tight. I gave it a good tug but certainly nothing you'd expect to rip it out. I fully expect Maxbarbell to replace them, but for future reference, does anyone have experience getting a metatarsal strap repaired by a cobbler? Is the quality good? How is the price?
    My Adidas Powerlift 2's ended up with the same thing. The cobbler told me if he can get a quarter-inch of material to pull he could fix it, but the nubuck leather wouldn't have been his choice for the shoe's loops. I ended up buying a new pair of Do-Wins.

In the event that you had gotten the repair done, do you know roughly what the price would have been?

While mine didn't rip after first use, it looked like it was about to. I returned the shoes after using them 3 times. The finish/quality just wasn't comparable to my Adidas/Nike weightlifting shoes.

I agree, that it's not quite as good. But I like the wrestling shoe like concept with a metatarsal strap. They have already returned my email and agreed to replace the shoes so maxbarbell customer service seems to be good at least.

maxbarbell customer service seems to be good at least.
    I would definitely agree with that.

In the event that you had gotten the repair done, do you know roughly what the price would have been?
    My guess based on the other repair I needed on the left shoe of that brand was about USD 30. On the left, the tongue has its stitching unravel. They survived all of sixteen months before becoming unusable.

starting strength coach development program
    maybe go ahead and pre-repair the new replacement shoes, before they break . . .down the road out of the warranty period.
    (reinforce the strap; more stitching; etc)

sucks when stuff like that happens.