starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Girl Mattie Rogers

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    It's hard to compete with countries that have state supported Olympian mills. They don't even get regular schooling, which tends to leave the ones who don't make the cut really screwed, and without job skills once their career is over. Apparently there was a big scandal a few years ago when a former multiple gold medalist was found to be begging in the streets.
    I think I remember reading something on this, if I am correct that guy also had severe alcohol problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    I think I remember reading something on this, if I am correct that guy also had severe alcohol problems too.
    It's got to be a serious psychological headtrip to be trained for one thing, peak doing that thing at around age 20, and still have the rest of your life to live somehow.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    It's got to be a serious psychological headtrip to be trained for one thing, peak doing that thing at around age 20, and still have the rest of your life to live somehow.
    And those are the successful ones! They are being pushed to the edge all the way. If someone stumbles, there will be another one to take his place. All the ones who don't make it to the big competitons/injured/etc. are left beaten and broken behind with no education and no career opportunities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123