starting strength gym
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Everyone Should Sumo Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    “If you mix and match the planes in which you train, and change constantly it’s a huge advantage"...

Do you guys prefer astral, ethereal, or just a plain ole 747?

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    “If you mix and match the planes in which you train, and change constantly it’s a huge advantage"...

I'll laugh when you can out lift Matt Wenning.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post

While I think we have already reached the Far Realm, I prefer the Temporal plane. You can get gains in record time and there are no sheer forces at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I'll laugh when you can out lift Matt Wenning.
    I'll try. What does he lift currently? Honestly though, I don't know if changing the lifts around all the time helps that much. I think it is a good idea to change lifts up to prevent overuse injuries, etc. I also am not convinced that everyone should pull sumo. I have nothing against sumo, and think that if you pull more that way you should use it for sure. But for guys that pull a lot less sumo, like me, conventional feels more powerful and easier on my back/hips too. There are lots of guys that pull more than Matt that would agree that pulling conventional exclusively is ok as well.

Having lifted with guys that use powerlifting gear, many try to get sumo working to get more out of the suit. You can really load your hips up pulling sumo with briefs and a suit on. That helps you off the floor a little bit, and then the reduced ROM and other benefits of sumo can really shine. I lifted with a 170# woman (masters lifter) who could pull 500 sumo in a suit. But without the suit, she was stronger using conventional (pulling 440-450 raw and less with sumo).

Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz View Post
    While I think we have already reached the Far Realm, I prefer the Temporal plane. You can get gains in record time and there are no sheer forces at work.
    I didn't consider that option. I might move there since the astral plane has been kind of dangerous as of late. Some githyanki punks tried cutting my silver cord last time I was deadlifting there. I guess they don't appreciate the loud noise and chalk.

Oh yeah... welcome back.

Thanks! :-)

Yeah dude, I thought you had evidence that could lead to Hilary's arrest and disappeared.

This is reason # 10 why I HATE powerlifting: using a suit to artificially increase the amount of weight one can lift isn't considered cheating. WTF?

I'm not down with the suit, raw dog all the way here.

starting strength coach development program
    Lift Raw, that's what I do. Most of the time I don't even use a belt.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast