starting strength gym
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: World Classic Powerlifting Championships

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    OK I've just watched all Bretts lifts and I cannot understand what actually happened during those 2nd and 3rd attempts on the DL. 2nd one was fast and smoth and then suddenly, just before the lockout the bar just stopped. I mean it wasn't even slowing down at any point. Initially I thought he got injured. On the 3rd one the bar was actually slowing down above the knees but still looked like it can be grinded out with relative ease. Any input from you guys (and girls) who actually compete, especially at high level, would be greatly apreciated. For the reference here is the video of the entire event. Bretts missed DL starts at 2:32:10 and 2:45:20 (I tried using timestamps but they seem to be broken, the vids weren't started from the time I put in there)

Never really see people miss there unless it is a lower back injury, slipping grip, or a balance issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    Never really see people miss there unless it is a lower back injury, slipping grip, or a balance issue.
    Even with a round back?

Yeah.

Round back people usually miss right around the knees. Sometimes people miss higher than that, but it doesn't really look like that. It's a super grind/fight not an instant fail.

Brett posted on IG that he was losing his grip and couldn't hold on. That's what I thought but there's confirmation.

He had a history of missing pulls in that range due to grip, too. Just a stupid jump. 22.5kg.

Btw, read that someone has talked to Ray and that he is, infact, considering going for the big 500. I am not sure what to even feel if that happens.

I'm confused...Haack blew Gibbs away last year, he NEEDED to attempt 327.5 just to win on BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Btw, read that someone has talked to Ray and that he is, infact, considering going for the big 500. I am not sure what to even feel if that happens.
    It will also be interesting to see what he decides to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    Brett posted on IG that he was losing his grip and couldn't hold on. That's what I thought but there's confirmation.

He had a history of missing pulls in that range due to grip, too. Just a stupid jumpi 22.5kg.
    I bet after Bench they said let's roll the dice and go for that WR Total on the pull and then go for the WR Dead on the 3rd...didn't pay off, obv.

If I get the chance to watch the meet again I'll have a look to see when the Kazak locked in his 2nd attempt.

starting strength coach development program
    Men's 93 was good.

Men's 105 looks like it will be even better.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast