starting strength gym
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: World Classic Powerlifting Championships

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    Also powerlifting is not going to be in the Olympics.

It needs to be more professional and bette run, yes. But this idea that it's going to be an Olympic sport...I'll be shocked if that happens and so will an awful lot of people.
    I guess there's a bigger chance of WLing being dropped out of the Olympics than PLing entering it. I wonder how that would affect the former though...

the Master women's platform was COVERED in pee by the deadlifts...
    Is that what they were wiping up at one point during your session? I was wondering if someone had puked or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinic View Post
    Is that what they were wiping up at one point during your session? I was wondering if someone had puked or something.
    Yep, that was it. As one lady said, when you're at Worlds you can't care anymore. You just roll the bar a tad and live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    After every meet some Powerlifters complain about all the factors factors Leah listed (plus about a hundred more)...in fact all competitors have a moan in just about every sport I've ever followed or taken part in...it can be both valid and looking for excuses all at the same time.

I seem to recall one instance of a bar not being wiped down because the Coach asked for it too late (it was a 2nd rd attempt I believe)...I'll be re-watching all he available footage over the next couple of weeks, if I see any others I will note them.
    Chris, I think you're getting my point. [emoji4]

Chris, I think you're getting my point. [emoji4]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    After every meet some Powerlifters complain about all the factors factors Leah listed (plus about a hundred more)...in fact all competitors have a moan in just about every sport I've ever followed or taken part in...it can be both valid and looking for excuses all at the same time.

I seem to recall one instance of a bar not being wiped down because the Coach asked for it too late (it was a 2nd rd attempt I believe)...I'll be re-watching all the available footage over the next couple of weeks, if I see any others I will note them.
    Re-watching?!?! I find it too boring to watch just one time. I hope your life becomes more exciting.

Also powerlifting is not going to be in the Olympics.
    How could you suggest such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    How could you suggest such a thing?
    I know, right?!? Sacrilege. What I love is when people who have no idea of these things, tell me I could be in the Olympics.

Uh no. It is cute that people think that's possible, but it's so ridiculous on so many levels that I can only shake my head and smile. :-)

It triggers me when you're people confidently say it will not be in the Olympics.

I'd challenge you to present an actual argument as to why you believe that's the case. The sport is featured in the Paralympics, the Special Olympics, and the World Games. You can personally consider the possibility unlikely but the heads of the IPF are diligently working towards getting the sport included. The sport has IOC recognition.

It's not that crazy.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Narvaez View Post
    It triggers me when you're people confidently say it will not be in the Olympics.

I'd challenge you to present an actual argument as to why you believe that's the case. The sport is featured in the Paralympics, the Special Olympics, and the World Games. You can personally consider the possibility unlikely but the heads of the IPF are diligently working towards getting the sport included. The sport has IOC recognition.

It's not that crazy.
    What KOTJ said. The IOC has tried to remove wrestling and has cut the number of weight classes and competitors for Olympic weightlifting. There is already one barbell sport in the Olympics and the IOC doesn't seem to love it. While Olympic weightlifting is pretty damn boring to watch, powerlifting is even less fun to watch. The bench press might be the most spectator-unfriendly sporting event I can think of. There are lots of things to like about powerlifting, but when the IOC looks at wakeboarding and powerlifting, they would rightly surmise that wakeboarding would look a lot better on TV and generate more interest.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast