starting strength gym

Thread: Ideal prowler track length (artificial turf)

Default Ideal prowler track length (artificial turf)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What's the bare minimum length needed for a prowler workout as well as an ideal length?

The current place I've found that's not noisy has a 50-60m stretch but it's inconvenient to go there. The concrete where I live is excessively noisy and echoes throughout the apartment complex causing complaints.

I've never pushed on artificial turf before so I don't know what it's like. Would 10-15m be enough? I almost feel like it might not be long enough to get going before I need to turn around, but I'm really not sure. hopefully someone can chime in...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    Would 10-15m be enough? I almost feel like it might not be long enough to get going before I need to turn around
    Yes, that's enough. 100% sure you can push yourself into hellish fatigue with 15m.

Ok, so would 15m be ideal or bare minimum? Think I could get away with 10m? A 2*10m strip will cost me roughly 100 USD and I haven't found a better deal. I still need to ask if a 1.5m width will be priced as 2m since they'd need to cut a 2m strip.

I guess a second question is how important is the quality/fiber length? The people I'm talking to are insisting on curly 8mm fibers at about 5USD per square meter, but the cheapest they have is a 10-11m straight fiber at 2/3 the price. I'm also going to have to roll this out and roll it back up after each use.

My gym has a 20m stretch. Up and back at a Sprint with low weight takes less than 20sec. I wouldn't go less than 20m

Alrighty, thanks. I'll probably stick with 20m even though I'll have to wait until next month to purchase it.

starting strength coach development program
    Having it loose and removing it each session won't work. A few months back I lay down a 20 x 1 m concrete strip down the side of my house for prowler use. I first tested it without gluing down and it bunches up terribly, unusable. Had to glue it, 2 big tins of green fake grass glue.

20m is great by the way, but 15m would be fine also