starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long-time lurker/ recent convert of SS seeking wisdom

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Just be sure you have addressed The First Three Questions before you do anything. At your height you could easily stand to add 10kg, Matt Reynolds wrote a great article related to this. Good Luck!
    I hadn't seen this. Thank you - very valid points. The first two of which I generally adhere to.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. With regard to the press query, currently sitting at 52.5 and increasing. Will reset the bench to 80 and re-start. I've managed to get my hands on some micro, 500g, plates which should make consistent loading more manageable. Recovery also a very pertinent point, I often hurry due to timing restrictions with parking . In order to get sufficient time in the gym I need to walk there which, this may sound trivial, I find has a negative impact on my squat session.

Does anyone else have this issue with the gym commute? I gave up cycling there once my squats got heavier.

starting strength coach development program
    I walk 1-4 miles every day, and don't notice that it interferes with lifting.

Except when I give in to temptation and do some running (say, when my dog sees a squirrel). Then I get some knee irritation that carries over on my squats. Especially if I run downhill like an idiot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12