starting strength gym

Thread: Well the work paid off.

Default Well the work paid off.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have been doing SS with my son since basketball ended. He is 6'2" 250 lbs incoming freshman. When he got to camp Monday, he was by far the strongest Freshman there, and stronger than most of the sophomores.

They were told to put a weight on the bar they could do for a minute (bench squat DL) like circuit style I guess.

He put 135 on the bench.. the other freshmen ranged from "how do I bench" to 85.. only 1 or 2 10th graders used 135.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselBro View Post
    Have been doing SS with my son since basketball ended. He is 6'2" 250 lbs incoming freshman. When he got to camp Monday, he was by far the strongest Freshman there, and stronger than most of the sophomores.

They were told to put a weight on the bar they could do for a minute (bench squat DL) like circuit style I guess.

He put 135 on the bench.. the other freshmen ranged from "how do I bench" to 85.. only 1 or 2 10th graders used 135.
    This story goes right into the scope of The Thread of Awesome.

Good for the kid! Man, he's 6'2" and 250? Get him playing tightend on the football team pronto!

He most likely will wind up around 6'6" or so. I am 6'4" but was a skinny kid, my father is 6'8" and lean my wife's father was about 6'2" but more of a barrel chested kind of dude. He is built like her father, with my father's height.