starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nike Romaleos 2 owners

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar_shawn View Post
    Thank you for this tip! I've been on the hunt for my first pair of lifting shoes and that sale helps a lot. So glad I clicked on this thread!
    No problem. Just make sure you read the reviews as many of them are not so pleasant to the new model when compared to the previous.

Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    No problem. Just make sure you read the reviews as many of them are not so pleasant to the new model when compared to the previous.
    I get this general feeling as well, that the new model isn't near as stout as the 2's . . . or thats what many people say/feel.

IIRC, the Rom2's were closer to $200 (189?) for the longest time, the 3's have already come down in price quite a bit.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Regarding the straps: I cut mine. Did not melt or tape the cut end, they do not seem to fray.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    I get this general feeling as well, that the new model isn't near as stout as the 2's . . . or thats what many people say/feel.

IIRC, the Rom2's were closer to $200 (189?) for the longest time, the 3's have already come down in price quite a bit.
    That's been the feedback that I've received regarding the 3's. The way I heard it is Nike received a lot of complaints about the 2's being too stiff, especially in the toes, so they made the 3's softer and less rigid.

starting strength coach development program
    TBH, I much prefer to construction and build of the old Romaleos to the new one's. Much better for squatting. Way stiffer and more rigid. They'll also last longer. The new one's use a plastic buckle and don't even have proper metal eyelets. The 3's are just cheaper in every way. I'd put them on par with maybe the Aidpowers now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123