starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nike Romaleos 2 owners

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I find the straps long- ish. But i would have to crank it to the point where it cuts off blood flow to my feet before they'd drag on the ground. Maybe i have wide feet? No idea.

I just recently bought my second pair of Romaleos 2. The first pair had a really long strap. I cut the strap and it held up fine, didn't fray too much. The second pair I just bought doesn't have a ridiculously long strap. I guess they changed the design or my feet got fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilladiesel View Post
    I like that. I can't bring myself to cut it since they finished the strap with the nice metal casing around it. Definitely would do it if I had a way to re-fit the end cap though.
    Yeah, mine were way too long. I cut them and took a flame to the cut end, so it wouldn't fray. That was a few years ago and it's been fine. I didn't have an end cap on the straps.

Def way too long. Its what is making me seriously consider getting the 3's, even though I love the 2's, other than that.

I don't find the excess length of the strap hanging over the shoe as annoying (I just roll them, it sticks to itself) as the fact that because of the length, the 'hook' part of the velcro only has like an inch or two on the catch part. Most of it is just the fastener part overlapping each other. It has sprung loose on me a couple times, especially as I have put miles on them and the velcro is wearing a little.

I have not tried it, but someone told me if you put both insoles in, it will help fix the problem. No idea if that is true or if it would have any other effects like heel height.
    Last edited by DRice311; 06-22-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    Yes. Shortened then by folding over and taping with electrical tape. Works great.
    '
    Such an easy solution I'm embarrassed that it didn't even cross my mind. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DRice311 View Post
    Def way too long. Its what is making me seriously consider getting the 3's, even though I love the 2's, other than that.

I don't find the excess length of the strap hanging over the shoe as annoying (I just roll them, it sticks to itself) as the fact that because of the length, the 'hook' part of the velcro only has like an inch or two on the catch part. Most of it is just the fastener part overlapping each other. It has sprung loose on me a couple times, especially as I have put miles on them and the velcro is wearing a little.

I have not tried it, but someone told me if you put both insoles in, it will help fix the problem. No idea if that is true or if it would have any other effects like heel height.
    If you are inclined to get the Romaleos 3 in grey are currently $149 at Rogue. Definitely the cheapest you will find them.

My first pair of weightlifting shoes were the 2004 Adistars, and my Romaleos 2 feel significantly "steeper" than those. So it's taking some time to get used to them after wearing the Adistars for 10 years. Overall I like them, although the irresponsible spender in me is considering the Romaleos 3 that Rogue has on sale.

When I wear them with the strap pulled extra tight then yeah it touches the floor, but I can wear them pretty snug and it won't touch.

I have paddle shaped feet- narrow around the arch and wide toe box. Most shoes are uncomfortably tight at the toe box.

The metatarsal strap on my Romaleos sticks out enough that I sometimes step on it with the other foot. I can't convince myself to cut off that metal end cap though.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Anyone with wide ass feet have them?

Like 4E
    They're a little snug in the toe box for me (I'm a 10.5 EE wearing a size 11 Romaleos 2), so they'd probably be painful for anyone who needed a 4E. The Adidas Adipowers in size 11 caused my toes to go numb after about 30 seconds wearing them (I ordered both at the same time with the intention of returning the one I liked least).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tnumrych View Post
    If you are inclined to get the Romaleos 3 in grey are currently $149 at Rogue. Definitely the cheapest you will find them.

My first pair of weightlifting shoes were the 2004 Adistars, and my Romaleos 2 feel significantly "steeper" than those. So it's taking some time to get used to them after wearing the Adistars for 10 years. Overall I like them, although the irresponsible spender in me is considering the Romaleos 3 that Rogue has on sale.
    Thank you for this tip! I've been on the hunt for my first pair of lifting shoes and that sale helps a lot. So glad I clicked on this thread!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast