starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New adjustable bench under $200

Default New adjustable bench under $200

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Posting thread from bb.com, because this is going to be the new best budget adjustable bench.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Whoa, that price tag @ $179!!!! We may get a quality bench for the crowd looking for something around $200, watch out Powerblock Sportbench....

Features Include:
    50"(total pad length) x 11.75"(pad) x 17"(top of pad in flat position) (LxWxH)
    11 gauge frame, 1,000 lb weight capacity
    Handle and wheels for easy transport
    6 back pad adjustments, from flat to 85 degree incline
    3 seat pad adjustments, from flat to incline. A seat pad with the ability to incline keeps you locked in place when the back pad is inclined.
    Minimal pad gap (approx 2")
    Matte black powder coating
    Pad and hardware individually boxed to prevent shipping damage
    Simple 20 minute assembly with a socket wrench (not provided)

Rep AB-3100 Adjustable Bench
    REP AB-3100 Coming Soon! - Bodybuilding.com Forums

How heavy is it? I have the iron master and don't like how low the seat has to be for my head to still be on the bench. Although it's heavy, I can get the IM to tip if I bridge. Almost died that way last week. I wonder if this is more resistant to tipping that the IM. (Either way, I should bridge less. It usually just on a final rep that would be stuck otherwise. . . .)

For reference, this is the Rogue AB2 that runs $545.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-adjustable-bench-2-0

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    How heavy is it? I have the iron master and don't like how low the seat has to be for my head to still be on the bench. Although it's heavy, I can get the IM to tip if I bridge. Almost died that way last week. I wonder if this is more resistant to tipping that the IM. (Either way, I should bridge less. It usually just on a final rep that would be stuck otherwise. . . .)
    It's extremely similar to the Rogue AB2, which is a 128lbs.

Cody,

What are your thoughts on this design vs. something like the Legend 3103?

Quote Originally Posted by jwagner View Post
    Cody,

What are your thoughts on this design vs. something like the Legend 3103?
    I've used/owned many adjustables like that Legend bench, including my current Nebula. I love the design, but I'm of the opinion that for a budget bench the ladder style is a better choice. The ladder is much harder to fuck up with labor from foreign slave children.

My old favorite budget bench was the Pendlay adjustable, before they jacked the price up on it.

This is good to know. The FID version was just over the threshold for me vs. going to the next tier (Rogue, Legend, other commercial) and I didn't need decline. This is much more in the buy it and try it realm.

It's already in my cart. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Bookmarked the page so I can get it when funding allows. I strongly dislike my current adjustable bench, and I'm not sure how much weight the pin can handle. But I need to get some more 45's, with proper dimensions, first...

I bought a lightly used Rogue adjustable bench off CL for $350 to supplement my Rogue flat bench. It just didn't get enough use to justify spending $350. If you can get this thing shipped under $200, it would definitely be worth it. And, if you don't already have a bench at all, I'd probably consider this being your universal flat/incline bench. I've heard nothing but good things about the other Rep fitness adjustable bench.

starting strength coach development program
    I ordered the AB-3100 last week and it came in today. Well, I thought it did, turns out Rep sent me the FID one instead. Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench - FID Bench
    I'm not sure how I feel about the wider reverse-tapered seat pad. Had anyone had issues with this style padding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast