starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Titan Bench and Rack combo

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have three of the Titan T-2 racks and three benches and they work fine. I just opened a gym and train clients on them regularly.

I squat 420+ in them regularly and watched a video of BJ Armstrong squatting 700 in it.

Do they move some and are they a little light weight?
    Yes
    Would I have bought the T3 instead if I had the extra $$?
    Yes
    These will last me a long time and maybe down the road I'll upgrade but I have no worries with them at all..

Honestly I really like the new X3 racks.

Got my three T-2 racks and three benches for $1,200 total. Free shipping..

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    Thanks!

Ugh. That's $70 more! In 3 hours I've gone from a T-2 bench combo for $350 to a X-3 for $440 and a Rep Fitness bench for ~$210. This is getting expensive. And the X-3 doesn't even come with plate holders...
    Welcome to the equipment forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Welcome to the equipment forum!
    Next you'll try to talk me into owning a different belt for every training day of the month.
    Last edited by Aaron Montgomery; 06-27-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typos

Next you'll try to talk me into owning a different belt for every day of the week.
    That was a typo, I'm sure. You meant every training session for the month, right?

That was a typo, I'm sure. You meant every training session for the month, right?
    Oh, yeah. I fixed my typo^^

gilchrest, I'm surviving with my current el-cheapo bench, but I'm thinking that if I'm gonna spend any amount of money it better last me the rest of my life. So I'd rather have an adjustable bench in case I get into that kind of thing later.

Thanks Cody. I'll look into the T-3 then, and avoid the Titan bench, since I already have an el-cheapo which is probably gonna break on me soon... Can you clarify your last comment? I didn't see any options for different feet for a T-3 rack. I want to avoid bolting it to concrete, and will not be making a platform to put it on. Though I am considering getting horsestall mats and putting them on my garage floor, and putting the rack on those.
    Are you renting or something? It's just 4 holes.

I wouldn't want the 3x3 frame. You lose 2 inches somewhere. Your hands will either be closer to the uprights or the plates or both. Though it does look nice.

Oh, yeah. I fixed my typo^^

gilchrest, I'm surviving with my current el-cheapo bench, but I'm thinking that if I'm gonna spend any amount of money it better last me the rest of my life. So I'd rather have an adjustable bench in case I get into that kind of thing later.
    $110 for a nice flat bench??? I spent that at the liquor store yesterday. It barely gets you a cheap Chinese cellphone. It's the price of 2 pair of Levis. It's not even a nice dinner for two. It won't even get you a decent car tire. This is not a rest of your life level of expenditure. Most people here have gradually added and replaced stuff. You start with a $110 flat bench. And then when you have some more cash you get a better adjustable.

Same with bars, etc.

But the price difference is so close . . .

There are some rich mofos here that just buy the nicest shit all in a lump, but that's rare. Don't think that you've got to get it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    Most people here have gradually added and replaced stuff.
    This is also true. Craigslist is awesome for getting commercial pieces for sporting goods store prices. It's also possible to flip stuff for a profit. That requires work though, just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I wouldn't want the 3x3 frame. You lose 2 inches somewhere. Your hands will either be closer to the uprights or the plates or both.
    Meh, almost all my racks have been 3x3. It's not really a big deal for all but the SHW lifters.

starting strength coach development program
    Meh, almost all my racks have been 3x3. It's not really a big deal for all but the SHW lifters.
    I thought we were bulking to 200kg together so we could be real men.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast