starting strength gym
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Love Deadlifts...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    There is something in there for everyone. I cant help it if you boys don't love Deadlifts.
    Deadlifts don't love me, Shug. It's my worst lift. That aside, my love/hate for deadlifts doesn't have much bearing on my opinion of this article.

BTW, I deadlifted with chains last night. Thought you might appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    That's the same reason I hear from people who don't want to read Starting Strength. Sounds lazy to me.
    I think it's lazy when the information is presented clearly and logically... not so much when it's a kind of haphazard collection of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I would be amazed if you could get a group of people together and not have this be the case. Sure, you can minimize that by asking a bunch of people from the same school of thought (say... Starting Strength coaches, for example), but other perspectives can give new information and cues that work for you. I've gotten useful info from articles/videos by Ed Coan, Pete Rubish, Mark Bell, Izzy, and Les (Callador), despite being different from how it's presented in The Book.
    You can also minimize it by limiting the scope of the discussion a bit. There's information in the article about raw, equipped, sumo, conventional... all mixed together. Even if it was curated and presented separately, that would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Due to the context (the article being presented as a round-table, for instance) you'd expect a wide range of pointers and it not to be overly specific, no?
    As I said above, it could be presented better.

Since this is a deadlifting thread, this is the most impressive deadlift video I've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    From my experience its the older lifter who is more willing to dedicate the time necessary to a program to see real results, the younger lifters tend to bounce around a lot.
    We're impatient. And our older selves regret that tremendously.

Anew World Record!! Sumo haters get your Kleenex ready...

Was this the same guy that got the no lift and passed out afterwards?

Some good info here. Ben also confirms what I have said about the opposite style helping the other. The naysayers here have said I was wrong. Lol...

I will have to watch the video, but in a different video for JTS, Chad mentions that he programs a lot of conventional pulling for his sumo lifters, especially when they are pretty far out from the meet. He thinks the conventional deadlift builds more muscle mass, etc. But if you flip it around, he doesn't think that conventional pullers get much out of pulling sumo, except for maybe a little exercise variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I will have to watch the video, but in a different video for JTS, Chad mentions that he programs a lot of conventional pulling for his sumo lifters, especially when they are pretty far out from the meet. He thinks the conventional deadlift builds more muscle mass, etc. But if you flip it around, he doesn't think that conventional pullers get much out of pulling sumo, except for maybe a little exercise variation.
    Coan has talked several times about only pulling conventional when training for a meet, he has said that he would get his sumo work from his squats and that the conventional helped build up his back.

I just might have to pull a new Sumo PR tomorrow.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    I just might have to pull a new Sumo PR tomorrow.
    You ain't about that life Shugg.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast