starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the SS gym directory current?

Default Is the SS gym directory current?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It is time for me to get some coaching. The closest SS coach is 2 hours away from me. If online coaching is the only way to go then so be it, but I want to make sure I do this right.

I am in the northern part of Los Angeles county.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Is Paul Horn too far away? I don't do SoCal geography.

Leah is out in CA, and Jordan. Several up north.

Regardless, there are lots of good coaches in California. Personally, I'd rather stop by in person as opposed to the online thing. Immediate feedback is preferred.
    Paul Horn is too far. But he is the only one listed in the area which makes me wonder if the map is current. I would like to get coached by Jordan but I don't think he has in person coaching. I could only find his online stuff.
    Last edited by edjohnson; 07-14-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edjohnson View Post
    Paul Horn is too far. But he is the only one listed in the area which makes me wonder if the map is current. I would like to get coached by Jordan but I don't think he has in person coaching. I could only find his online stuff.
    Did you email and ask him? Or any of the coaches in Cali?

Why is 2 hours too far? Are you on house arrest?

Edit: nm. Not closer.

Not exactly sure where North LA is if Paul Horn is too far away. ***
    Jordan isn't in the SoCal area right now, but I am fairly confident that there is no one north of Horn Strength and Co until you get all the way to me in Santa Cruz. The other SoCal coaches are further south.

***to clarify, I just think that most of us in CA will drive a long distance for something like this, since it's CA and we just do that.
    Last edited by Leah Lutz; 07-14-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    since it's CA and we just do that.

A good chunk of your state just moved to Texas. You are all welcome to join them. We have plenty of space and we love to drive, too.
    Jokes aside, I think you ought to kick it off with an in-person session even if you need to do all of the follow-up online.
    -ivey

If Paul Horn is too far you, so is Jordan. I seem to recall he was living a mere 10 miles North of Horn's gym in Westchester in or near ҐӉԐ PЄФPLԐ'S ЯЭPЏЬLЇҪ ФӺ SДЍГД ԠФЙЇҪД.

Based on his instagram, I think Jordan may have moved up towards the bay area. Not sure on this though.
    Last edited by MattBraunstein; 07-15-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    Not exactly sure where North LA is if Paul Horn is too far away. ***
    Jordan isn't in the SoCal area right now, but I am fairly confident that there is no one north of Horn Strength and Co until you get all the way to me in Santa Cruz. The other SoCal coaches are further south.

***to clarify, I just think that most of us in CA will drive a long distance for something like this, since it's CA and we just do that.
    Is it normal for starting strength coaches to meet in person with there clients for a only a couple of their workouts a month? something like once a week or twice a month? Is progress still feasible? I am technically at the "advanced-novice" part of my training.

That type of schedule would be possible for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Is it normal for starting strength coaches to meet in person with there clients for a only a couple of their workouts a month? something like once a week or twice a month? Is progress still feasible? I am technically at the "advanced-novice" part of my training.

That type of schedule would be possible for me.
    Yes! We do that often. We can help you stay on track and tweak things as needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast