starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to sweatpants for deadlifting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I use these Adidas soccer socks: Amazon.com: adidas Unisex Rivalry Field 2-Pack Otc sock, University Red/White, Large: Sports & Outdoors

They're a snug fit but don't cut off circulation at all.

Tight Tan Slacks

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    Tight Tan Slacks
    You so Dezso

PX Clothing Mélange Yarn Joggers

These are my current favorites... the material is quite smooth, but not like that dry-wick stuff (you don't slide off a bench)... and they are holding up alright for deads.

I use soccer socks and I made up a shin guard out of a 2L bottle of Pepsi. I only need it for the one side though. With my mixed grip, I must just be slightly off. It does drag a little on my other leg, but the sock is enough to protect. With ideal form, the socks should be enough. But like other said, you could use your knee sleeves as well.

Knee high socks.

Looks like knee high socks is the forum favorite. Next question, does cotton or polyester feel 'cooler' to wear, since the whole point of switching from sweat pants to shorts and socks is to not feel as hot.

Confession, I had my wife hem all my lifting shorts for me, so that they are a couple inches above me knee. Not quite 70's big short, but now they don't snag on my knees when squatting, and feel less hot than they did before. I even wear sleeveless shirts on occasion in my garage now, and not just my white Costco undershirts. Those undershirts sure are nice for wiping sweat off your face. Speaking of Costco, I bet they have some amazing deals on knee high socks. I could probably buy a dozen for the cost of two on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    I just take a narrow enough stance that my shins are on the smooth part of the bar
    This did the trick for me too, after previously cutting up my shins and trying several other things that I never really got comfortable with.

I've never deadlifted with anything other than bare shins. Narrow stance, smooth part of the bar against my legs. That helps I guess but the contact is pretty minimal anyway.

starting strength coach development program
    So I guess real men deadlift with bare shins. But I bet some of you aren't confessing that your wives rub baby powder all over your shins first :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast