starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotational Strength

Default Rotational Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Can anyone recommend any training for rotational strength, for boxing, baseball, golfing ectt. Something scale-able, and measurable.

Quote Originally Posted by JWILSON View Post
    Can anyone recommend any training for rotational strength, for boxing, baseball, golfing ectt. Something scale-able, and measurable.

Quote Originally Posted by JWILSON View Post
    Work your way through the lifts in the USAWA rulebook. If you do it right, you'll never have to worry about rotational strength for boxing, baseball, golfing, etc.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

I'd strongly recommend squatting, deadlifting, bench pressing, and overhead pressing. Definitely easy to scale and measure.

I highly recommend Jefferson Deadlifts.

Bill Starr recommended rotations with a barbell on your shoulders

I recommend throwing discus, and I am not in any way biased about this.

Honestly, when I played soccer for the first time in years, I got sore in certain muscles at each side of my body and couldn't figure out why at first. I then tried various movements and noticed that rotating my legs, hips and back contracted a lot of the sore muscles.

Even though I somewhat buy the argument that strength is general, I do think something is getting left out if you only do the SS lifts and their assistance lifts, not that I have any clue whether you should add more and if so what you should add.

Rotation work does seem to me to hit muscles you normally don't hit much with normal barbell movements.

I started on the SS wagon to improve my swing speed in golf. It worked to some degree. It helped even more for just general endurance throughout a round.

I had always tried to do the trendy sports specific training, and it never worked. I am now a firm believer in just going for general strength. Keep the sport specific training for practice.

starting strength coach development program
    Have you considered trying this? Obviously it's important to obtain the adolescents legally.
    Instagram

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast