starting strength gym
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What *has* Westside done for powerlifting?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Next time I'll put the sarcasm emoji before the last sentence. I thought the ellipse was enough.

Knowing how often to get labs done and whatnot doesn't correlate directly with actually doing so. My statement was a much broader argument over the entire PED user base. I do think that the last 80 years of anabolic steroid development and usage has led to a better understanding of them and thus a potential for safer usage.

Heavy use and abuse of any chemical that aids the human condition is not surprising. For a while I was operating on 1600-3200mg of ibuprofen a day. That's not good either. Point is, as data is generated about an item by a user base, the application of that item will be better understood. If Westside is a population that is generating and possibly benefiting from the data, so be it.

To be clear, my statements are directed towards the general claim of steroids being bad. I have no skin in the game to make claims of Westside being users of steroids let alone if they are safe and responsible users. But if they are, the information exists that would help them use in such a way that negative side effects would be minimal. This information primarily exists as a result of the evolving user base.
    So, if steroids were legal, you would 100% have no problem allowing a pharmacist dispense steroids to your (hypothetical) 15 year old son to give him a competitive advantage on the football field then? You would also lobby parents of the (hypothetical) varsity soccer and track trams you coach to allow those on your team to take steroids?
    Last edited by OZ-USF-UFGator; 07-28-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    Off topic but,
    From what I understand, there is no "Therapeutical Exception Use" for any kind of androgen, including TRT (WADA & USADA; and therefore IWF,USAW, IPF,USPL).
    So if you go on TRT, and compete is those feds . . . kiss all that goodbye.
    Serious question: if a 50 year old was taking TRT to elevate his T level to 750, the level of a 20 year old, but not off the charts, how would a blood test detect this? Does TRT test yield a different, specific and testable metabolite that can be differentiated from natural T? I honestly don't know the answer to this.
    Last edited by OZ-USF-UFGator; 07-28-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ-USF-UFGator View Post
    Serious question: if a 50 year old was taking TRT to elevate his T level to 750, the level of a 20 year old, but not off the charts, how would a blood test detect this? Does TRT test yield a different, specific and testable metabolite that can be differentiated from natural T? I honestly don't know the answer to this.
    Yes.

T/E ratios?

try this: How to CHEAT Drug Tests, Pt 2 - YouTube

That is a lie, which makes you a liar. .
    lol, you're nuts bro

I honestly don't know the answer to this.
    You don't know anything about this entire topic. At all. You should seriously STFU.

My message, even with typos was did not lead anyone down the path towards the conclusions that people infused into the post. That was a phenomenon of the reader's personal bias being injected into their analysis of my statement.
    So, if steroids were legal, you would 100% have no problem allowing a pharmacist dispense steroids to your (hypothetical) 15 year old son to give him a competitive advantage on the football field then? You would also lobby parents of the (hypothetical) varsity soccer and track trams you coach to allow those on your team to take steroids?
    Talk about being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    You don't know anything about this entire topic. At all. You should seriously STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Chicago, huh? How you handling that so far? My condolences.
    The traffic and taxes make me want to Hurt Everyone, but otherwise it's not so bad.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    The traffic and taxes make me want to Hurt Everyone, but otherwise it's not so bad.
    Yeah, every expressway in that city has at least one lane closed all year around rehabbing the damage Winter does to the roadways. And the taxes? Well. Welcome to Illinois in general and Baghdad by the Lake in particular. As for the people, you must have a thicker skin that I did. But then I arrived there with a downstate accent. Which made me beneath contempt.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast