starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore Recap

Default Jersey Shore Recap

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you’ve met any of us you realize that we’re a pretty direct, no holds barred, group. So when I say that there are few reasons why we would consider returning to New Jersey, you shouldn’t be offended. The Greek Taverna in Montclair was one of these reasons and they didn’t disappoint. Of course the main reason is because Gregg Arsenuk, Guerrilla Fitness owner, clearly decided that strength is important enough to him as an owner, coach, and athlete, to ensure this is a regular stop on our tour. I have yet to meet anyone from Guerrilla Fitness who isn’t appreciative of Rip’s seminar and we all look forward to coming back in November. (Of course, we’ll be hitting the Greek Taverna again…with the Pabst Blue Ribbon I hope.)

We had a full house which gave everyone a chance to view and coach lifts with a wide spectrum of issues. We had a brother/sister duo who both need to work on not throwing their backs into overextension on their squats and some who will be competing in powerlifting who are off to a great start. We had some who are used to arm pulling their cleans that we had to beat up to get them to stop (fixing the arm pullers is by far one of our most challenging situations with the seminars that seems ingrained with the silly sumo deadlift high pull in metcons.) It was also the first time in two years that I’ve been coaching with Rip that someone actually took their pants off squatted in their underwear (Dudes! When we tell you to wear stretchy pants, we mean it.)

Everyone did a great job on Sunday dealing with the Jersey heat and humidity and the programming lecture was one off the most engaging we’ve had for a while. You guys all came with excellent questions and a true desire to learn. Well done folks. I’d like to give a special thanks to coach John Sheaffer who got out of his sick bed and gave great input during the Q&A on programming your diet while training hard. Also, welcome to Damon Wells, our newest addition to the coaching staff and will be known as Wells1 to avoid confusion with the other half of the Wells Brothers.

As I said earlier, we’ll be back this way in November. If you’ve missed this one, keep an eye out on the schedule. It’s sure to sell out fast again. Thanks again to Gregg, and as always, everyone keep us posted on your progress with the coaching or lifting and of course feel free to add comments here if you were with us this weekend.
    jp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 05-04-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Looks awesome. November might be a possibility for me, although Montclair is a bit more of a hike...

Great Recap!

Jersey would be glad to have you guys back anytime. It's not everyday we get some good and direct Texas strength instruction in a state dominated by bicep curls and leg extensions. Btw, excellent shot of Troy beastin' that Deadlift .

-Dave

It was great having you there Dave. We'll be looking for you to come spend some time with us in Texas when you finish up school.

maaaaaaaaannnnn.......there was someone squatting in their drawers, and i was still catchin guff over my pajama pants???

Great times! I cannot recommend this seminar enough. I've been to a few, and you cannot beat the quality of instruction, nor the intensity. We did 27 hours of lecture, discussion and platform in about 50 hours. The staff's dedication is top notch.

Thanks Rip, Stef, Wells1, Wells2, David and Juli and especially Gregg!

Nice to meet all the GFCM people as well.

Hi other forum members! as you can see, I've cleverly disguised myself on the internet.

Glad to hear you guys will be back. I'm definitely going to try and get in on this in November. Also need to try the Taverna apparently!

i remember seeing that camera popping like crazy all weekend....do you plan on posting the rest?

Glad you asked Jeff. I found a few more, one of you. You would set your back and then let it go as you pulled off the floor. Take down the weight and get that lower back strong. Keep us posted on how that goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

starting strength coach development program
    Love the pictures and recap...

I feel like a kid near Christmas time anticipating the seminar in Atlanta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast