starting strength gym

Thread: Gomad

Default Gomad

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    GOMAD - Gaining Overall Muscle Alleviates Dementia.

Ok, here's the first serious question.

We all know from reading the books/forums that milk is the magic natural steroid, but how much milk do other master lifters drink?

I drink very little milk and am loathe to increase based on where the milk seems to settle (my gut).

I'm really after individual experiences...

I'm kind of wondering the same thing, but here's my current line of reasoning:
    For the long haul I'm going to limit milk to my morning meals and to around 24 oz. Right now (eating on a military base) I have trouble finding protein without fat so skim milk is a good option to include in a protein+carb meal. Second breakfast is usually 3 egg whites, some kind of fruit and 16 oz of skim-milk.
    When I need to go back to linear progression for a few weeks to make up for a vacation or injury or I'm just planning on a period of more dedication to strength gains, I'm going back to 1/2 GOMAD (probably 2%) until the belt tells me to stop.
    I'm 47 by the way, which I know is way too young to be contributing to this forum.

ColoWayno, I'm 47 also, and military, but I figure if I qualify for Masters at a tournament, I qualify for Elderly on Rip's board. The bastard.

Still waiting for SS to arrive, then may have to order PP and Strong Enough, and waiting with baited breath for SS the Geezer Version.

As to milk, even though 44, I still have a couple of young-uns around that drink 2%, so I have limited my milk intake. With also being in the area of two and a half bills (250 lbs) I need to take in a lot of protein for recovery and growth. I think I'll have to start getting some skim milk for me so I don't have to take in quite so much whey.

OP, sorry I didn't add anything useful to the thread.

starting strength coach development program
    Milk is an inexpensive way to get protein and quality calories. Also great for teens to convince mom to buy it for them. Once we need less calories, meat and whey protein are the lower calorie option.

I did 1/2 gomad for 3 1/2 months in hopes that it would keep my lifts going (not really, stalled and reset 3 times). I'm 5 11, and I started under my normal weight at 150 lbs and 10% bf. Normal has usually been 165-170 but at higher bf. I stopped 1/2 gomad at 185 lbs and pushing 20% bf. Once I stopped I came right back to 180 about 18-19%. I tried to tighten up and hit the weights with more intensity and made another run for 185+++, but it was instant sloppy gut. I've since come back to 180 and switched to 6 scoops of whey a day and a carb curfew(read John Schaeffer's forum here). I'm holding steady at 180 for over a month and the gut is getting slowly smaller (very slowly). Right now I'm probably around 15% and still making progress on my lifts(intermediate programing). I hope to hold 180 and make it down to 12-13% here in the next month.

It was good to try, but it didn't work out for me. All the work I'm putting into coming down slowly with the bf % is a PITA (mostly because it is painfully slow, I have NO interest in loosing an ounce of strenth that I worked to gain.