starting strength gym

Thread: Wrist Curls in the Squat Rack

Default Wrist Curls in the Squat Rack

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Today I went to the gym and was scheduled to do a light set of squats. Couldn't do them right away as there was a young man in the squat rack doing behind-the-back wrist curls in the squat rack. Asked him how many more sets he had and he said "only 6 more"!

He was also supersetting them with DB wrist curls.

So I went and did deadlifts instead.

He was gone when I came back to do squats, but there was a mature fellow in the rack doing squats. He got good depth on his squats and was probably squatting a bit more than his body weight.

Too bad the youngster was gone by then. He could have learned something.

That's why I like having my home gym. No waiting...

Although I miss the fun of observing other lifters.

The one compensation of being old - is that you can afford a proper home gym! I spent the last three years building up a black iron man-cave in my garage and I love it. Shame I'm too crap to do it justice, really - but hey! at least scares the shit out of my students when they come round for the summer bbq.

Quote Originally Posted by minadi26 View Post
    He was gone when I came back to do squats, but there was a mature fellow in the rack doing squats. He got good depth on his squats and was probably squatting a bit more than his body weight.

Too bad the youngster was gone by then. He could have learned something.
    Obviously the old guy killed him and ate him.

Quote Originally Posted by stickman View Post
    The one compensation of being old - is that you can afford a proper home gym! I spent the last three years building up a black iron man-cave in my garage and I love it.
    True dat, although mine is a black rubber cave! (meaning bumper plates) It's also nice to not get "advice" from egotistical guys. I just loved having some guy tell me to look way up during my squats. I felt like telling him to mind his fucking business but nodded instead as I thought to myself, I'm putting a garage gym together, which I did, last year.
    Last edited by FlatNine; 04-22-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: corrected typo.

Quote Originally Posted by minadi26 View Post
    Today I went to the gym and was scheduled to do a light set of squats. Couldn't do them right away as there was a young man in the squat rack doing behind-the-back wrist curls in the squat rack. Asked him how many more sets he had and he said "only 6 more"!

He was also supersetting them with DB wrist curls.
    Next time you see him doing that, tell him to get the f*k out of the gym and go home do some power concentration wrist jerks and not to come back until he knows how to train properly.

My response is always "umm are you going to use the squat rack for squatting?" has worked pretty well so far.

How about: "Hey, kid, you know there's a curl rack right over there (point to the Glute-Ham chair)."

starting strength coach development program
    Do this one! ^^^^^