starting strength gym

Thread: Squats saved my life

Default Squats saved my life

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A year and a half ago I ruptured a L5 disc.The pain was the worse thing I ever endured. A kidney stone was a piece of cake compared to this. I had sciatica down the whole length of my left leg. After 5 weeks the pain started to moderate. I started back on SS with just a bar and no weights doing the 4 main lifts. Last winter I went skiing for 35 days. I can bike ride for 3-4 hours at a time. This ski season I think I'll be the strongest I've ever been. I switched to the 5-3-1 because of recovery issues. It's hard to deal with reality when you're 60. I'm so glad I discovered SS. I've got all of Rip's books now to help keep me on track.

Glad to hear you're doing better!!

Awesome. Please talk to my increasingly immobile mother. She does use the elliptical three times a week though because, you know, she likes it.

It is very good to hear that starting to squat late in life can still have a dramatic effect on your quality of life. I'm still trying to convince my parents to give squats a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    Awesome. Please talk to my increasingly immobile mother. She does use the elliptical three times a week though because, you know, she likes it.
    Hey, at least that's something.