starting strength gym

Thread: Bill Pearl Interview

Default Bill Pearl Interview

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ironradio.org posted a terrific interview Friday, 4 Mar, with 80 yr. old Bill Pearl. He's still weight trains 4-5 days a week at 4:00 AM.

Dang, he's still alive? Cool, and thanks for the heads up El Viejo. I worked out at his gym in Pasadena, CA for a while when we first moved to CA 30+ years ago. I never saw him there but still it was a unique atmosphere.

I caught that podcast; it was excellent. Mr. Pearl is a true gentleman, and a role model for us all.

Despite my lack of interest in the state of bodybuilding (other than rubbernecking at a train wreck a bit), there were some true -- ahem -- pearls of wisdom in here from someone who has kept up his training long after most folks have let it slide. I especially liked the comments on the importance of ones fitness program needing to be sustainable until the day you die. I did wish they let Pearl talk more, since if anyone is interested they could listen to the other programs to hear more of what the three interviewers think. Thanks for the link.