starting strength gym

Thread: Arthrosynovitis

Unhappy Arthrosynovitis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It seems that my right hand has this problem while the left should have carpal tunnel (wtf). I don't think my doctor is right about the left hand (the one with the carpal tunnel) because I have little sudden sharp pain in my left elbow and I think that could be some kind of nerve pain. The right hand has the middle finger and the ring finger that are really swollen, plus they hurt. In my left hand there is tingling and sense of warmth during the sleep and in the early hours of the morning especially the middle finger and the ring finger but the tests with the doctor (he told me to put my hands in a certain way to determine if I had tingling in my fingers) were negative. I'll have blood tests tomorrow and EMG (electromyography) soon. What in your experience could be or how did you deal with similar problems?
    P.s. I had all this in a sudden. The day before I rack pulled 507 and the morning after I had 2 fingers in my right hand that seemed like two sausages...

I've had the hand tingling and numbness intermittently for over 5 years now. It happens mainly at night and I think it's related to sleeping on my side and blood flow impingement by way of the deltoid and upper arm. Sometimes it hits me in the car while gripping the steering wheel. The rack pull could have caused your finger problems from the grip. It sounds a little mysterious, but there is some nerve related stuff that happens in some of the jujitsu techniques we teach that target those fingers specifically when the wrist and elbow are twisted in cranked certain ways. Chin Na kung fu calls it seperating tendons, and I have no idea how that translates to western medicine other than that the techniques hurt like hell. You might try wrist stretches like they show here.

http://www.howtostretch.com/wriststretches.html

These are pretty close to what we do in warm ups at the dojo to prevent or alleviate problems.

No idea... This sounds more like a question for Ripp.