starting strength gym

Thread: Wraps for Old Knees

Default Wraps for Old Knees

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip,

As a 55 yo novice with achy knees, I really appreciate the new knee-wrap video. I never really thought about wrapping before cuz I assumed it was just a powerlifting thing. Plus, knee pain has diminished hugely since I dialed in the correct stance and as long as I remember to keep my knees strongly angled out. All that said, I'm thinking it might be interesting to see how wrapping affects things. My question is (finally) will a couple of 6-8 inch wide Ace bandages do the same job? I've already got a couple of those laying around and cheap old bastard that I am, I'd rather use what I've already got.

Also, given the intention isn't to wrap super tight, whaddya think about those tubey, neoprene knee support things. Worth trying?

They work just fine, but the tension is not adjustable and they sometimes produce a skin reaction.

Rip,

In the Knee Wrap video, you indicate that you acquired some significant knee tendonitis from partaking in a leg program you now regret.

Can you specify which one so I don't do the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

CrossFit. YMMV.

This is a very timely video and post. Just had my 2nd ACL and some meniscus removed (not replaced) from my right knee (long story). Would you recommend that I wrap both knees even if one is still fine?

Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    I'd wrap both so that there is no support asymmetry. That way you won't hurt your back.