starting strength gym

Thread: Straps

Default Straps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

If I remember correctly you are not a fan of straps. However, I have started to develop some problems with my grip. My arthritis has started to creep into my hands which are small with short fingers to begin with. I am approaching my mid 50s and accept it as one of those things that go along with aging and most days I can get by with my lifts and deal with the discomfort. However, today while deadlifting it hurt so much that I thought I was going to drop the bar on the first set and it kept me from focusing and affected form. To finish the lifts I dropped the weight by 30 pounds which still hurt but I was able to focus and finish with proper form.

With all that being said I am thinking about getting some straps to use on those days when my grip is suffering. I believe I read where you do not suggest the staps with the loop in the end. Do you have a particular brand or size and dimension of strap that you would recommend. I do not want to keep on decreasing the weight on my lifts.

Thanks

My thoughts on straps are in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My thoughts on straps are in the book.
    Sorry my copy is out on loan. I will look it up when I get it back