starting strength gym

Thread: Hyperextension...

Default Hyperextension...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So after about 8 months of trying to figure out what was wrong with my arm, without getting an MRI, we have found that it was hyperextended a bit when I fell. No tendinitis we don't think, and not a fracture or anything, just a bit of movement with the radial head which my chiropractor has been adjusting back to normal. Now I have still been training. I took about 5 months off after the injury, got light therapy and took homeopathic remedies, and now I am past where I was before I was injured with my lifts. The problem, however, is that at times my arm still bothers me. I have to get it adjusted maybe one or two more times, for example if I bend it all the way to my bicep, and then push manually on it it hurts a little, like in the powerclean rack position if I push on the arm... but it does not hurt to rack... My question is should I continue to train since it feels better than it did, or not because I cannot take any more time off i will go crazy.

Id just train through it...we get little bumps aches and pains just train through it. If it was something severe I'm sure your body would tell by the pain being pretty unbearable...like when I was on the verge on going into renal failure and everywhere started to cramp and it felt like I was getting stabbed everywhere and I was passing in and out... I though ok lets go to the hospital

Its funny how if I am pulling a few tough weeds my arm will hurt, but if I am wearing my elbow strap and deadlifting 260 for 5 its easy and does not hurt. The only time I feel it is unracking and racking the bar on the bench press, and on heavy overhead presses without my strap on the way down, but even then I am able to persevere.

So to reiterate, if it hurts a bit here and there but allows me to train I should continue to progress, but if it kills to the point of me not being able to train I should stop and rest? Like today i squatted 225 for 3x5 benched 155 for 3x5 and it hurt a bit to "pull the bar apart" but I did it and deadlifted 255 for 3x5 easily. Now afterwords it is a bit achy and i am aware of it, it is annoying. Should I continue to train through it? I mean football players and rugby players and powerlifters get hurt all the time and dont stop for five months like I did so it seems like I am being even more of a pussy if I do not train haha.