starting strength gym

Thread: Where to find good gyms when on the road

Default Where to find good gyms when on the road

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm not sure if this is a repetitive inquiry, but I find myself asking this of myself and the internet all the time: "What are the good gyms near where I'll be staying"?

I have found the find-a-coach list on here, but would really like to see something that lists good gyms, ideally with a little bit of information about them (at least contact information). Between running around the country for work and visiting family it seems that at least once a month I'm trying to find a gym in some town or city or in the next town over.

If this already exists on here, could someone point me to the right place? If it doesn't, is there enough interest to get such a listing started?

Quote Originally Posted by Regin Smidur View Post
    This site is pretty useful, but is powerlifting-centric. For instance, Healdsburg Health & Fitness in my wife's hometown in California, is far from being a power lifting gym (or even a really good gym), but you can still get in a solid day's training there (they have a rack, benches, some bumper plates, and pretty much leave you alone) and the five minute walk to it beats the 45 minute drive to the next good gym that I know of out there.