starting strength gym

Thread: Stronger/dominant leg is smaller: nerve impingement?

Default Stronger/dominant leg is smaller: nerve impingement?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My right thigh and calf muscles (dominant side) are both at least 1/2" smaller than my left ones. I don't notice this kind of imbalance in my upper body and thought that a trapped nerve caused by a buldging disc may be the culprit. I read something to do with that + nerve impulse transmittion, then my hypochondria kicked in.

I'm 18 years old, but I spend long hours sitting poorly on hard seated chairs (mostly elevated, so my feet don't rest on the ground), and the back pain I've allowed myself to endure in the past has been enough to worry me every time I sit down now.

I know there've been a lot of threads about sciatica and disc herniations, so I thought I'd try to get some people measuring. Is nerve entrapment a possible cause for this size difference?

Rip covered this with someone in his thread. It, I think, was an upperbody "imbalance." Frankly, imbalance in size is pretty normal. I wouldn't worry about it unless that side is also weaker, number, or twitching. What are your lifts and stats so far?