starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time between exercises

Default Long time between exercises

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I wasn't sure where else to put this, but would it be okay to do a full set of squats at one time of the day and then do the rest of the program later in the day? Reason why I'm asking is because my school weight training class isn't very long and I really only have enough time to get one exercise in completely before we leave. So I thought I'd do 3 sets of squats and then do the other two exercises for the day later at the gym. Is this acceptable?

Yes.

You are young, you can make progress with a lot of less than ideal circumstances. I like to get the work done and move on to the recovery business.

Pls excuse the semi-hijack, but to piggy back on the original question, d'yall think this would apply to a 50-year-old starting on SS? (Not as strong as I should be but I'm in pretty decent shape otherwise.) The (tiny) gym at my company is stupid crowded before work, at lunch, and after work and generally kinda sucks, but it does have a squat rack, and is rather empty during most of the non-peak times. I'm super-busy during the day but could probably slip away to the gym long enough to do my squats sometime in the morning and then finish off the program at night with a short stint at my regular gym. Splitting it up like that would be super convenient and would provide a refreshing break in the mornings (3 of 'em anyways).

It's really ok. Hell, it's probably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Daniel View Post
    It's really ok. Hell, it's probably better.
    +1 here. Just don't break up your sets of the same exercise, and don't split it across multiple days.

Well, that's just excellent to hear. Thanks guys!

+1 again. I am still learning about all the details of Coach Ripp's methods but one of the important points is similar to a Nike commercial, Just do it! Lift heavy, develop your schedule to fit your needs. Simple program, hard work.

Ah, more good stuff, thanks. I wouldn't have thought of the extra warmups. And, yeah, totally agree - thinking is great (and I certainly appreciate the absolute ton of good material on this forum to help with that), but at the end of the day it's all about getting out there and working hard. After all, it's not my brain that's gonna be squatting and DL'g 3 plates aside by springtime. (Maybe not an outrageously spectacular goal given some of the numbers I see on here, but it's the one I'm after.)

starting strength coach development program
    breaking up your squats from everything else is most definitely better than doing it all in a row

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast