starting strength gym

Thread: Pec soreness after deadlift

Default Pec soreness after deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Does it make any sense that the lower outside (near my bicep) would hurt like hell after a heavy set of deadlifts? 315x5. I did not want to move my arms for 5 minutes after the set. Trouble reaching shoes, etc. Pain went away and I have no residual soreness.

Happens to me, too. Not every time but often enough.

Off topic from the pecs, but I've actually felt a strain in my peroneal area after heavy deads, and it bothered me days later during my run. At first I thought is was stepping up the running volume but after I felt it a second time on Intensity Day, I knew it was the deads that did it.

[intermediate and old enough to have danced to Madonna's "Lucky Star" when it was first released]

Pec soreness hit me again (ID on DL, felt it on rep 5 but did AMRAP which was 6 reps).

What is your grip when it hits you? And which arm does it hit you on?

I do mixed grip for top sets and it always hits the side where my arm is pronated, and not the supinated side. This is usually my right side but I try to mix it up when doing multiple sets of DL (IANDTP).

I haven't paid attention to which side (pronated or supinated arm or both), but I definitely recall having some pec soreness after heavy sets of DLs. It doesn't happen to me every time I do heavy DLs, but often enough that it doesn't surprise me when it happens.

First time it happened it was single sided, don't know which side. Sunday it was both sides. Set felt really strong until after I set the last one down. Then I was really glad I had nothing left to do.