starting strength gym

Thread: Training Time

Default Training Time

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Rip

What are your thoughts on the impact of time of day on training performance?

From personal experience, I find I'm stronger in my weekend afternoon sessions than evening after work. But factors other than time of day might be driving this. And I don't lift in the morning, as whenever tried it's always been a bad session.

I know they can't all be gems, but wondered if you had any views from your own experience/study. Should I expect afternoon to be better than evening, or am I just being a girl?

Would appreciate your thoughts, as I haven't seen you comment on this before

I guess I need to get better at the search function

Just FYI since you're new here, there are lots of girls posting on this forum, who go to the gym and get their work done.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Just FYI since you're new here, there are lots of girls posting on this forum, who go to the gym and get their work done.
    SS girls are hot.

Yes OP, there are some impressive women around here. You would be making serious gains if you lifted like a SS woman. Don't lift like a male fashion model.

Thanks Melody, I'll watch my language from now on

I can see that, and it really would depend on the type of job you have. If a person is doing hard physical labor all day, then their weeknight sessions are probably going to be worse than a weekend session when they are fully rested.

As for time of day, I have done both morning and evening workouts. It just takes time to adjust to it.

starting strength coach development program
    For me, there's definitely a bell curve for strength (and somewhat with endurance) that peaks around the afternoon. Suppsodly T levels are highest for guys in the AM, but I can't get a good workout in the morning. Right before supper is probably my favorite time to lift.

Like Callador said, working out after performing hard physical labor is probably not going to be optimal. Also, if you have to wake up early for your job it might put a wrench in your performance. Obviously, if you work five days a week, you'll just have to pick which time sucks less for you.