starting strength gym

Thread: biceps tendon issue

Default biceps tendon issue

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A few months ago, I benched a few reps with my elbows too high. About an hour after, I started to get pain at the insertion point of the biceps tendon into the shoulder, and had a small bump form there. With a few days off, it mostly went away. Since then, every time I benched (with proper form) or pressed, the same symptoms appeared an hour or two after lifting. I tried taking a few weeks off to rest it, and it didn't help. I saw an orthopod, who said there was a "mass" in the area, and the tendon didn't feel the same as the other shoulder, but an MRI showed nothing.

Even when I don't lift, it still acts up. I've done a bunch of rotator cuff rehab stuff and mashed it with a tennis ball. Dunno what else I can do but just lift through it. Do you think its a good idea to just push through whatever it is?

This probably wont go away by itself. Find someone who can do ART and book yourself in for a few sessions.

The tennis ball might help. ART will help too, I think. You should consider doing benches with a more tucked-in, lower touch point style for a while too, until you start feeling better.

It seems strange that the doc could feel a mass but that nothing was visible onthe MRI. Did you (and your ortho) actually look at the MRI or did you just get a rdiologist (?) report that said the mri looked normal.