starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New old guy

Default New old guy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Well, new to this forum. I'm 46 and lift and throw stuff. Is it standard here to do some type of introduction? If so this pretty much tells who I am:
    http://vikingstrength.com/2012/01/29...es-competitor/

If not, then ignore me and continue about your business.....

Quote Originally Posted by agillie View Post
    Well, new to this forum. I'm 46 and lift and throw stuff. Is it standard here to do some type of introduction?
    A geezling! Welcome. Introductions are always welcome among the adults here.

Thanks! I just logged in for the second time and got a pretty funny geezer strength distribution chart. Is that normal? I hope so because it was kind of cool.

Pretty cool story, Geezling.

I'm curious if your spinal tap hurt? I had one but was in such pain and on morphine with Spinal Meningitis that while I could feel it, the pain wasn't even able to register.

Good luck with your throwing!

Thanks! I was sort of in the same boat you were. By the time they gave me the spinal tap I was pretty far gone on the Morphine. My wife said it looked like it hurt.

Well, I felt the needle! The doc had to keep wiggling it until all the sudden both he AND I felt it slide into the spinal cord. Didn't bother me a bit other than a little relief that at least by finding the cord he wasn't going to break the needle off in there with all the twisting and scraping going on..

I had one and they broke the needle off. After they got the broken one out, they had to go back and do it again. They said that they couldn't give me any pain meds or it would mess up the results. It was less than fun.

No pain meds? That must have really sucked. When people ask me how it felt all I can say is "Don't know I wasn't feeling anything by then".

One thing I do remember is the Dr. saying how he had never missed one and we should feel confident... then after the second miss explaining how he had never done one with someone with that much of a low back while my wife was threatening to kill him. She went into tigress mode, it was kind of cool.

The Las Vegas games have both a masters and under-200 class---it's usually perfect weather in mid-April.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by agillie View Post
    Well, new to this forum. I'm 46 and lift and throw stuff. Is it standard here to do some type of introduction? If so this pretty much tells who I am:
    http://vikingstrength.com/2012/01/29...es-competitor/

If not, then ignore me and continue about your business.....
    wtf?

negged for calling yourself old a 46.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast