starting strength gym

Thread: Disconnection time from Forum.

Default Disconnection time from Forum.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    How quickly does one get disconnected from the Forum?

I have repeatedly found after composing a number of long threads or replies to threads that when I submit that I am notified I have been silently disconnected and must relogin. At that point all my post has been lost! What is the answer periodically save as I go along?

It's never happened to me, but you could post a partial message and then edit it, post, edit, etc, till you are done.

I've had this problem. When you're done writing your post, just copy it into a word file. If you get logged off while submitting, just log back in and paste the text back in.

It's never happened to me. I'm pretty much automatically logged in all the time.

The typical session timeout for web sites where a logon is necessary is about 20 minutes. It can vary, and it is configurable though. That means if you logon, and the web server at the far end (the SS forum in this case) get's no input from you within 20 minutes, the session times out and you are required to logon again. This is just how web servers work. It's happened to me and is definitely frustrating, and I should know better since I am in the business. What I do for long posts is to copy the entire post into the clipboard (select all, then CTRL-C on Windows machines) so if my session times out, I re-establish the session and can just paste my post back into a new page. Or you can use Notepad. I'd be careful with Word because it has many special characters that are non-standard and can result in funky characters in the post. (A simple example are Word's open and close quotes - they are two different characters, and may not look the way you intended when pasted into a forum post. There are *many* others.)
    Last edited by Dave_G; 10-27-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Typo