starting strength gym

Thread: Give me a diet, please

Default Give me a diet, please

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I bench 135 right now, but I hope to be benching 405 by the end of next year. I can't squat because I have bad knees and I can't deadlift because I have a bad back.

I know that I should eat more but when I did GOMAD one of the veins in my abs disappeared so I stopped. It wasn't because I care what I look like, it was because my doctor said if I got too fat I would have a heart attack and die.

I'm in school right now so I can't really eat until after I get home from school, and then of course I have dinner at night. I really go crazy at dinner and usually finish off my whole plate!!!! I would eat breakfast, but eating too early makes me queezy. I guess I could drink some milk in the mornings, but again.....I don't want to risk my health doing that.

My current training routine is like this:

Mon - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Tues - Back/Biceps
    Weds - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Thurs - Back/Biceps
    Friday - Chest/Shoulder/Triceps
    Saturday - Back/Biceps
    Sunday - off

Anyways, my bench press seems to be stuck for some reason so I started doing 100 push ups on my rest days for a little extra work. I felt like I was regressing when I took Sunday off. Also, I've been doing mostly cable work for my triceps, but I heard Louie Simmons say that I should be doing Lying Extensions for the long head of the triceps??? Is this right? Will this get my bench unstuck??? I was thinking of making Sunday "Long Head of the Triceps Day." Your thoughts???

So back to diet, I basically need a meal plan that will help me move my bench from 135 to 405 by the end of next year, but I don't want to get fat. And remember, I'm not saying that because I care about what I look like. I'm saying that for my health. Believe me, my ONLY concern is about PERFORMANCE!! I just want to be fucking strong!!!

Thanks so much for doing this forum man!!!

P.S.

Should I even worry about diet, or just take creatine????

I think you should probably just give up milk entirely, because it makes your skin thick and da' veinz won't pop if you have thick skin. I think it's totally possible to go from a 135-405lb bench in a year, but only if you use an autoregulated Westside approach to focus on your complex parallel conjugate system training. You need to read some Verkoshansky to bone up the details, of course.

Diet-wise, I think you're on to something. I think compliance-wise, an intermittent fasting approach with carb backloading (and side loading) is appropriate for you. Just don't eat until you get home from school and do some serious work on that plate of food with lots of carbs. A key difference between regular ol' carb backloading will my proprietary secrete, carb side loading. What you're going to do is use some sort of high-glycemic index soft candy, like Swedish fish or Gummi bears, and load them into your ear canal. The mucosa there is thinner than anywhere else in the body and it absorbs carbs most readily. A steady back and side load will really push your gains through the roof and they will be 100% muscle unless you eat more than one plate for dinner. Absolutely anything more than a single solitary plate will turn to fat, immediately. You've been warned.

The 100 pushups are a good addition, but I personally called Louie and he said that you need more Dynamic Work (TM) to really push your bench up. He mentioned that making them explosive by doing clapping pushups instead would be a good idea. Sunday should be relegated to long head tricep work with alternating ME and DE setups. You NEED to be doing reverse band lying triceps extensions and using chains for JM presses. Finish up with a couple hundred seated dumbbell cleans and cambered bar curls and I think we can unstick your bench.

As for creatine, definitely get some Cell-Tech 5.0...that stuff is legit. You gotta stack it with the Nitro Tech for the ultimate gains though...

LOL, dude, April is like 4 months away!!!

Default Re: Give me a diet, please

I know this Baker guy, otherwise known as "Eugene," personally. He's trolling you, Jordan. He only benches 95, and he does care about his abs, cause he posts pictures of them, and his quadz, all the time. I wouldn't have revealed that side-loading secret to such a bum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Andy,

You're not doing enough work. Recommend you incorporate an abz routine, anyone of the routines typically found in Flex or Men's Health will make a real difference. Start easy, maybe 200 crunches or so in the morning and another 200 in the evenings, slowly work up by adding 25 a day until you get to 500 at each session.

If you want to get shredded, you'll need to really dedicate yourself to this.

There's a guy where I train who actually has an "ab day". He's a good 50-60lbs away from seeing his abz, but that doesn't stop him from doing all sorts of tomfoolery.

Mr. Baker/Eugene is this you?

starting strength coach development program
    It might be me about 13 years ago.......I am ashamed to admit that I used to have an Ab & Calves day.......actually it occurred twice per week.

Mac,

Did you know that I actually did have my photo in Flex Magazine at one point? October 2001. I dare you to find it.