starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zma

Default Zma

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Worth it?

P.S. My no-kidding, initial reaction to seeing a Nutrition forum on SS.com was, "Holy shit, the Mayans were right...". Thanks for doing this Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by raw32 View Post
    Worth it?

P.S. My no-kidding, initial reaction to seeing a Nutrition forum on SS.com was, "Holy shit, the Mayans were right...". Thanks for doing this Jordan.
    I thought the Mayans left out the Leap Year so we're all gonna live to see another day, right?

ZMA is legit, in my opinion, especially if you don't eat high zinc/magnesium foods. I like to take ZMA before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I thought the Mayans left out the Leap Year so we're all gonna live to see another day, right?

ZMA is legit, in my opinion, especially if you don't eat high zinc/magnesium foods. I like to take ZMA before bed.
    I second this, although I only take 2 caps instead of 3.

For some reason 3 will cause me to breakout pretty hard along my jawline and sometimes chest/shoulders. I'm talking cystic acne. And 2 seems to be effective.

I wake up just feeling completely refreshed, even if I only got 5-6 hrs of sleep vs 7-8 and have noticed that I don't need caffeine throughout the day (still addicted to my morning coffee though.. it's a ritual).

Nah, I'm pretty sure you and this forum are harbingers of the apocalypse. Sorry.

Is there anything to the idea that you shouldn't take ZMA with calcium-rich foods (i.e. milk) for absorption reasons?

The absorption of ca++ and mg++ in the gut and renal systems has so many more variables affecting the amount absorbed. For example, vitamin D3 generally increases the absorption of both calcium and as a secondary effect, magnesium. If you saturate the system with too much of either mineral, you'll end up excreting them unless there's an underlying pathology. I wouldn't worry about it.

I came hoping the thread was about the Sprite flavored alcoholic drink from the 90's, and am leaving disappointed.

I've noticed that for all brands they recommend 3 tablets which is apparently the proper amount of each ingredient. But is this sufficient for larger people or possibly more then needed for smaller people?

Just curious about your take on this. Not that I'm huge but I'm slowly getting up near 250 and was wondering if upping the dose at all would have positive benefits.

I started taking Magnesium Critrate when I started CarbNite, and for the first time in my life can actually " fall asleep" like a normal person. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by gregconover View Post
    I've noticed that for all brands they recommend 3 tablets which is apparently the proper amount of each ingredient. But is this sufficient for larger people or possibly more then needed for smaller people?

Just curious about your take on this. Not that I'm huge but I'm slowly getting up near 250 and was wondering if upping the dose at all would have positive benefits.
    There exists some saturation point in which dosing higher than that results in increased excretion/secretion or symptoms of hypermagnesemia (hypothetically). My take on it is the serving size advertised by the supplement company is probably in line with or well above the rdi. As such, it may be a little low for a big, big person but I don't think you'd notice any difference besides a lighter wallet. You'd have to get some labs to dose up correctly.

starting strength coach development program
    ZMA has B6 in it which causes me to have night restlessness which keeps me up. I take 400 mg of Magnesium citrate and 25mg of Zinc before bed and it helps me sleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast