starting strength gym

Thread: Nutritional Guidance

Default Nutritional Guidance

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    · Age/Sex- 26/m

· Current programCurrently following a Texas Method template, M-T-W-F with Tuesday being an assistance day. I have added conditioning work (prowler or rower work) 2x a week, typically Tuesday and Friday, and a Long slow distance type conditioning, usually a hike or long walk, on Saturday after intensity day, but have only added these conditioning days recently.

· Current weight and BF% estimate 245 and approx 22% @ 6'0"

· Current calorie and macro total Approx 3100 kcal. 300/225/110

-Current bests Squat -400x3 Bench -260x3 Press -150x5 DL -450x1

I started TM this past May and went from 225 to 245 over the past 6 or so months, which was all intentional. However, my nutrition over this time span was not totally dialed in which resulted in mostly a "dirty bulk". Now I am a sloppier, albeit stronger, 245 and am looking to cut some body fat and weight, with cutting body fat being the most important thing and a general clean up of body comp. I am looking for some advice on where to start my macro levels or if what I have been taking in recently (noted above) has been sufficient. I have recently begun to really weigh and track everything I eat using "myfitnesspal" app on my iphone to help gauge my macro levels and all that. Thanks for any advice, I appreciate this forum on this board.

How has the weight loss/gain/maintenance and waist measurement been going since you started weighing/measuring? Any opposition to HIIT sessions 1-2x a week?