starting strength gym

Thread: Supersize me in 3 meals or 5-6?

Default Supersize me in 3 meals or 5-6?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is a question roughly asked in probably any bodybuilding or other weightlifting forum.
    I can google it and come to many results but most likely their going to be older and i was
    wonderin if anyone here has done more recent researches about this topic.
    Besides that i care alot more about the knowledge of people who know about the s.s programme since this is the one i am doing right now.
    So the title bascially says it all, will i be succesfull in eatign 3 huge meals a day mabye eat an apple between them but in general 3 high calorie meals ranging from 800 to 1300 calories per meal or should i rather force my self to be home or carry food with me everywhere i go so get 6 meals a day? Keeping in mind that soon ill have to work for 8 hours a day and going to eat every 2-3 hours will not make any1 boss happy, besides that i am very picky with what i eat and wont eat some big sandwich made froma cross the street, i cook it and it will take its time.... Another thing is will i be able to digest 1300 calories in one meal? and use up its cabs and protein in an efficient way or will it be just dumped out?

Thanks and kind regards to every 1 who takes his time to help me out

Quote Originally Posted by Elchiquitin View Post
    This is a question roughly asked in probably any bodybuilding or other weightlifting forum.
    I can google it and come to many results but most likely their going to be older and i was
    Besides that i care alot more about the knowledge of people who know about the s.s programme since this is the one i am doing right now.
    So the title bascially says it all, will i be succesfull in eatign 3 huge meals a day mabye eat an apple between them but in general 3 high calorie meals ranging from 800 to 1300 calories per meal or should i rather force my self to be home or carry food with me everywhere i go so get 6 meals a day? Keeping in mind that soon ill have to work for 8 hours a day and going to eat every 2-3 hours will not make any1 boss happy, besides that i am very picky with what i eat and wont eat some big sandwich made froma cross the street, i cook it and it will take its time.... Another thing is will i be able to digest 1300 calories in one meal? and use up its cabs and protein in an efficient way or will it be just dumped out?

It does not matter at all and if anything, the research points to those eating fewer meals per day having better results body composition wise (for the general public). That being said, most competitive BB'ers still have a higher frequency eating schedule. It matters more your overall compliance, macros, and calories, so if you prefer eating 3 big meals a day then that's fine. On the other hand, if you like always having a meal looming, i.e. eating 6 x a day, then do that. If I went the 3x/day route I'd skip snacking in between but that's just me.

Yes you'll me able to digest 1300 calories in one meal. It will just take longer. You don't dump out anything, unless your sick, in significant amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elchiquitin View Post

It does not matter at all and if anything, the research points to those eating fewer meals per day having better results body composition wise (for the general public). That being said, most competitive BB'ers still have a higher frequency eating schedule. It matters more your overall compliance, macros, and calories, so if you prefer eating 3 big meals a day then that's fine. On the other hand, if you like always having a meal looming, i.e. eating 6 x a day, then do that. If I went the 3x/day route I'd skip snacking in between but that's just me.

Yes you'll me able to digest 1300 calories in one meal. It will just take longer. You don't dump out anything, unless your sick, in significant amounts.