starting strength gym

Thread: bedtime

Default bedtime

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    What are your thoughts on a meal just prior to bedtime?

It seems one camp recommends fiber, fat and slow digesting protein and the other recommends simple carbs and protein.

I have a pretty good grasp of the rationale behind each approach, but I'm curious to hear if you have a preference.

I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things. You could make a case for each especially transiently/acutely, but long term each side's rationale is overstated, in my opinion.

One thing is for sure, you don't need to "stop eating after 7pm" to get jacked, unless this somehow allows you to manipulate your calories/macros appropriately.

I like to eat a decent meal 2-4 hours prior to bed with plenty of protein , fat and if I need to for recovery or to load carbs. If I haven't met my daily protein requirements at this point I will just drink whey and water20-40 grams depending on my needs before brushing my teeth and hitting the rack. I usually go 11 hours from bed time to breakfast. Bedtime is 9-10 I eat after taking care of morning meetings by 8 or 9 am. I can't sleep well if I have an empty stomach and fats help me get through the night, good saturated fats like braised short ribs. I am big on red meat as my last solid meal of the day.

Looks good to me.