starting strength gym

Thread: Vitamin D

Default Vitamin D

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan, I just invested in some vitamin D.
    In another thread I couldn't seem to find, you recommend 4 - 5000ui?
    Anyway I was planning on taking 5000ui, because that seems a pretty consistent recommendation.
    I bought NOW Liquid Vitamin D, and on the bottle it says to take small dosages (400ui) 4 - 5 times a day. So in your experience, can you just take the whole lot in one sitting, or do you spread it out throughout the day?

Since you got the liquid, it really doesn't matter. My 5000iu recommendation is for guys who either a) don't see the sun a lot (it's winter here in the states) or b) live north of the Atlanta latitude. If you're down under and getting sun on the regular, I'd take 1000iu/day. Take it with a meal containing fat too.

Lots of folks think that Vitamin D affects the sleep-wake cycle, for example here: http://blog.sethroberts.net/category...-d3-and-sleep/
    They recommend taking it in the morning, because lots of D close to bedtime can cause insomnia.

Makes sense evolutionarily, but not sure if exogenous vitamin D activates the retinohypothalamic tract. Maybe a good idea just to be sure.