starting strength gym

Thread: Tendonitis in fingers

Unhappy Tendonitis in fingers

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Has anyone here ever developed finger joint tendonitis from lifting? I have it in the index finger and pinky of my right hand, and it came on suddenly after a lifting session. The first few weeks it was very painful at times. My PCP thought it was arthritis, but I asked for x-rays and a referral to the plastic surgeon who did my carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgeries six years ago. The x-rays showed arthritis in my thumbs (which has never given me any trouble or pain) and nothing in my fingers. The PS did some manipulation on the offending digits and made the tendonitis diagnosis. I cannot make a tight fist with my right hand because the index finger won't curl up completely (if I punched someone right on the chin, I would probably hit the floor before they did). Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Yeah, I've dealt with it on and off. Not much you can do about it other than try and work through it or take a lay-off. Typing/computer work makes it worse..and that's hard for most to get away from in our day and age.

My wrist tendonitis is helped by frequent (every 20min) quick stretches through the full range of motion. Keeps the tendons warm and lubricated so they heal faster.
    And less typing/mousing of course.

cubbieblue and cwd..............Thanks for the responses...............AKAJake