starting strength gym

Thread: Starting SS, Would like your opinion on my meal plan.

Red face Starting SS, Would like your opinion on my meal plan.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Height 183 cm weight 77.6 KG age 17
    RMR=2200+150(calories burned in training)+300(starting off mass to be in a positive calorie intake)= 2650 CALS.
    NEEDS:
    Fat 77.6gr
    Protein 156gr
    carbs 220gr.
    Meals:
    200gr chicken breast
    48gr peanut butter
    500gr white rice
    28gr HALWA
    3% Milk (500ML)
    5% cottage cheese (250GR)
    Raw oats 80gr
    2 boiled eggs
    6 pieces mixed grain bread
    low fat pastrami 150gr (gonna finish off non fat stack and then get normal pastrami)
    total: Cals 2802 Protein 197.9 fat 86.1 carbs 304.4
    what do you think? anything to add or remove? your opinion is neede thanks in advance

You don't need to count calories. On SS , just eat until you're full. And when you're full eat some more.

Quote Originally Posted by suhjik View Post
    total: Cals 2802 Protein 197.9 fat 86.1 carbs 304.4
    what do you think? anything to add or remove? your opinion is neede thanks in advance
    Your RMR and energy expenditures are almost certainly incorrect. I generally don't use them anyway due to their shortcomings and flaws. With that said, I'd add a tall glass of whole milk to each meal plus one pre and post workout. This should be about another 5-6 glasses of milk/day on top of your previously listed intake. I'd add milk every week or two as your body composition dictates. At your weight/height, trying to eat too little and starting the program would result in a premature stall. If you wanted to count/weigh/measure everything you could try and go 275 pro, 400-500 cho, 100g fat to start, and then add small amounts of carbs and fat every week. The diligence to eat like this day in and day out + being accountable may or may not suit your current levels of compliance. If compliance is an issue, GOMAD or similar is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by exter View Post
    You don't need to count calories. On SS , just eat until you're full. And when you're full eat some more.
    This leaves way too much room for error in either direction, in my opinion. Weighed/measured/counting >>>>>> eyeballing for results, although I'm willing to concede that not everybody's level of buy-in permits this level of accountability. In that case, the recommendations to eat single ingredient whole foods with a big serving of lean protein at ever meal, copious veggies, fruits, milk (1/2-1 gallon), and starches pre and post workout usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Your RMR and energy expenditures are almost certainly incorrect. I generally don't use them anyway due to their shortcomings and flaws. With that said, I'd add a tall glass of whole milk to each meal plus one pre and post workout. This should be about another 5-6 glasses of milk/day on top of your previously listed intake. I'd add milk every week or two as your body composition dictates. At your weight/height, trying to eat too little and starting the program would result in a premature stall. If you wanted to count/weigh/measure everything you could try and go 275 pro, 400-500 cho, 100g fat to start, and then add small amounts of carbs and fat every week. The diligence to eat like this day in and day out + being accountable may or may not suit your current levels of compliance. If compliance is an issue, GOMAD or similar is a good idea.

This leaves way too much room for error in either direction, in my opinion. Weighed/measured/counting >>>>>> eyeballing for results, although I'm willing to concede that not everybody's level of buy-in permits this level of accountability. In that case, the recommendations to eat single ingredient whole foods with a big serving of lean protein at ever meal, copious veggies, fruits, milk (1/2-1 gallon), and starches pre and post workout usually works.
    Which of these 2 options would be better
    1-MAX protein (50-60 more than my need)+MIN fat(10-15 less than my needs)
    2-NORMAL protein(5-30 more than my need)+normal fat(avg need about same as body weight)
    Calories-2650cals, 450 more than my need. Adding 300 for mass and a 150 SS training burn... If I'm wrong I'd like you to correct me. I've been having a hard time understanding...

Quote Originally Posted by suhjik View Post
    Which of these 2 options would be better
    1-MAX protein (50-60 more than my need)+MIN fat(10-15 less than my needs)
    2-NORMAL protein(5-30 more than my need)+normal fat(avg need about same as body weight)
    Calories-2650cals, 450 more than my need. Adding 300 for mass and a 150 SS training burn... If I'm wrong I'd like you to correct me. I've been having a hard time understanding...
    Not to be mean/rude, but all of that is nonsense. You cannot accurately calculate your REE/RMR and you certainly can't calculate the SS training burn. The only way to really do this is to get in there, set your macros/cals at a certain level and then go from there. I have already laid out what I think you should do if you insist on counting, i.e. 275/400-500/100 and add carbs and fat every week. 2650 calories is too low in my opinion for someone of your age, weight, and height.

Not to be mean/rude, but all of that is nonsense. You cannot accurately calculate your REE/RMR and you certainly can't calculate the SS training burn. The only way to really do this is to get in there, set your macros/cals at a certain level and then go from there. I have already laid out what I think you should do if you insist on counting, i.e. 275/400-500/100 and add carbs and fat every week. 2650 calories is too low in my opinion for someone of your age, weight, and height.
    How many cals should I go for? Sorry to be a pain but I used to be really over weight, kinda traumatized... Now im skinny and want to bulk

For the third time in a single thread.... go for 275 pro (1100kCal) 400 carb (1600kCal), and 100g fat (900kCal)= 3600kCal/day. Do this for 3 weeks diligently and see what happens. If you don't put on 1.5kg, add 25g cho and 5-10g fat.

starting strength coach development program
    For the third time in a single thread.... go for 275 pro (1100kCal) 400 carb (1600kCal), and 100g fat (900kCal)= 3600kCal/day. Do this for 3 weeks diligently and see what happens. If you don't put on 1.5kg, add 25g cho and 5-10g fat.
    Thanks loads.