starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why vitamin d in liquid form?

Default Why vitamin d in liquid form?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey!
    I searched the forum for your opinion on vitamin D intake and you seem to favor the liquid stuff. Is there a special reason for that or is it just better priced?

Is there a difference between tablets and what they call "softgels"? (basically a tablet with fluid inside)

Thanks!
    David

Better bioavailability with the liquid stuff. I'm not familiar with tabs vs soft gels, but the liquid gets absorbed better than the soft gels and actually alters Vitamin D's downstream effectors. Take it with some fat too.

Thanks! Will do.

Default D3

In one of the videos on your site, you talk about supplements. You say you like d3, but if you are taking d3 pills, then you should stop because they don't increase d3 levels. Only liquid d3 is useful.

I had never heard of that before. Can you comment on that and also the benefits of d3?Also, when you said the "pill" doesn't really do much, does that extend to liquid softgels?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadTheMeatBeast View Post
    In one of the videos on your site, you talk about supplements. You say you like d3, but if you are taking d3 pills, then you should stop because they don't increase d3 levels. Only liquid d3 is useful.

I had never heard of that before. Can you comment on that and also the benefits of d3?Also, when you said the "pill" doesn't really do much, does that extend to liquid softgels?
    I guess I should "come correct" and say that it's not that they don't increase d3 levels, because they do to an extent, but they don't affect the downstream effectors, like calcifediol and calcitriol, to the degree that sunlight does, which is what we're trying to correct for. Additionally, different ethnic backgrounds have different vitamin D requirements, obviously, so that needs to be taken into consideration.

I like NOW foods liquid D3 at 1000-3000iu per day when I don't get to give the locals a ticket to the gun show at the beach.

1000-3000iu per day when I don't get to give the locals a ticket to the gun show at the beach
    Pffft... HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by luke.aus View Post
    Pffft... HAHA
    Luke, if you're in Australia can't you just get Melanotan-II or do you still have to practice slip, slop, slap?

Default Re: Why vitamin d in liquid form?

Well I had to look that shit up, because I'd never heard of it.
    I'm pretty sure you can't get it over the counter, besides it sounds like all the blokes taking melanotan would be walking around the beach with giant boners...

Also Jordan, its Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide now... get with the times buddy.

Two more S's? WTF?!?!

I guess melanotan is now (or maybe it's always been) a controlled substance. I know of some people over here who use it and love it. They probably like the side effects more, methinks.

Default Re: Why vitamin d in liquid form?

starting strength coach development program
    Tell me about it mate, complete mind fuck.

On a serious note, what is your opinion on sunscreen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast